Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hardware Ranch

On Monday we had scheduled a day off for Chris to spend the whole day having fun!  We headed up to Hardware Ranch - it was just under 3 hours to get there. We were so excited to see the elk!  There were about 400 head of elk that we just drove through on this sleigh pulled by beautiful Clydesdales!




Biggest bull in the herd!



While we were there, we could hear a couple of coyotes off in the distance harassing some of the deer up on the hill.


Tuesday was FREEZING.  Ty decided he wanted to go out in the cold and work on getting the ice off the deck so "Daddy won't fall on his way to work."  I love my sweet Ty.


Ty and Libby have played lots together this week.  It is so fun that they find things that they can do harmoniously - it makes things rather wonderful for me as a mom!


It's been a fort kind of a week.....


Ty's cousins made magician hats and wands, so we made some too!  Note:  Charlie and Miles did a WAY better job than I did!  


Libby is plain silly.  She crosses her eyes all of the time.  My favorite thing she has started saying is, "Oh my goodness!!!"  These times make me smile. She says it in such an adorable way!


Silly girl!


So Chris and I got this random idea....we wanted good food and fun without finding a babysitter and paying heaps of money.  So we quickly put together a Tempanyaki date night!


We went to costco and got crab, shrimp, asian chicken salad and we had some steaks.  Everyone split the cost and were fun sports to jump in on such late notice!!!


These cool people came and put their kids to sleep downstairs.


These cool people came up and also put their kids to sleep downstairs.


And Chris humored us with his tempanyaki cooking skills.  AND BOY, that food was AMAZING!!!


Ty found his Daddy's mustache the next morning and had a lot of fun with it.


I went to the temple yesterday in the middle of a snow storm.  When I came out, the temple looked like this.  I love when everything has a fresh layer of white snow.  GORGEOUS!  When I got home the kids were out with the Coxes playing in the snow.  I love it!  We will miss the Coxes so much when they move out next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment