Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ice Castles - King of the Mountain

This week has been super fun.  I started out early on Tuesday as an usher for the Provo City Center Temple open house.  It was a dark, cold morning, but what a privilege!  Marla Clisbee and myself carpooled and were on the same crew.  The temple is GORGEOUS and I am so grateful that it is our temple.  It's amazing!


We went up to Midway to the Ice Castles on Friday.  It was 16 degrees when we got out of the car.  So glad we had the kids in full snow gear and man, I'm grateful I had on my snow pants and boots!  Brrr!!!!


The ice slide!  It's as hard as well, ice!  (Just ask my sore bottom.)



There was a cool carved out chair, but we're sitting on it, so you can't really see it!


Cool Castles!


Libby LOVES ice and snow as long as she can put it in her mouth!  I had to CONSTANTLY pull the ice out of her hands and mouth (well, except for this cute picture, and then it wasn't cute any more!) 




So fun to enjoy it with the Coxes!  Charlie and Miles were exploring the "slot canyon."


My buddy Ty:)


On Saturday we went for a hike with the Coxes up the mountain above our home.  I brought a pair of Chris's socks so that I could cover Libby's legs.  Whenever we use the backpack, her pants just hike up, so Chris's socks were my solution to keep her legs warm!


Ty did really well!  He hiked up and down (even the steep parts) all by himself!


Ty brought his backpack filled with toys to play at the top with his cousins:)

Manly men doing manly things.


Oh you know, just some cougar tracks....


My precious boy!



My sweet girl!



Emily and Ruth taking it easy...


Great view!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment