So for the new year, I made this cool thing I found on Pinterest to start familiarizing Ty with the time, day, month, etc. It's a one and done thing for the year and I won't have to do anything else for it for the rest of the year. I can just add it nicely into my morning routine and it aligns with the goals I have made for the year.
Tuesday we had my parents over for dinner. EVERYTHING we ate was ORANGE! Sweet potatoes, candied chicken, carrot salad, and pumpkin pie for dessert!
Libby at our orange dinner!
Wednesday I met up with old roommates for Shawney (Tagg) Walters wedding reception! This pic is hilarious because the groom totally photo bombed. It was such a wonderful night to be with GREAT people. I am so glad I lived with these awesome ladies!!! (L-R: Groom(Ben), Jamie Olson Me, Shawney, Becca Pike, and Cammie Clark.) It brought back some wonderful memories and made me feel super blessed to have such great friends.
New Years Day we went sledding in 15 degree weather! Libby lasted one run down the track. Ty was too cold, so thankfully Emily and Ben let our kids sit with their young kids in the van and watch something.
Even Ruth spent a bit of time in the crazy cold...but zipped into her mom's coat:)
I promise, I'm smiling in this pic...lol.
So we found a very cold and hungry duck....
Ben thought it might like a ride on the sled. I'm honestly surprised it survived the ride.
Matchy-matchy!
If you ask Chris about this sledding trip, he'll tell you he broke his bum. So his last run was on his tummy. There is a killer jump at the bottom that didn't go well for Chris's bum....
We are looking forward to our 2016! I feel like this is going to be an exciting year for us. I've got the PCCTCC going on - and that will start our year off with insanity! I am so grateful for Chris allowing me to live this dream! Chris has started doing his real estate gig full time, and in 5 days we'll have a two year old! 2016 is going to rock!
Thanks for staying up on posting on your blog (I'm only half a year behind on mine). We miss the snow, but going to the beach on Christmas was a nice treat too! Lot's of love, your bro.
ReplyDelete