This week has been GREAT. Like, really wonderful! Could it be that it was so great because I got to be at temples 4 times this week? That's probably it! We also had a special FHE with Ty that went really well. Normally we are really just trying to keep Ty's attention for 1 minute at a time. This FHE we were talking about baptism because we are preparing Ty to see his cousin Adam get baptized. Chris found a beautiful short video on baptism that we watched with Ty. Ty told me he had a warm feeling in his heart while he watched it, and then wanted to watch it again. We bore our testimony that that warm feeling was the Spirit telling him that baptism is a true principle and that that is what our Heavenly Father wants for us to do. It was special, sweet, tender....everything you want as a parent. We sure love Ty and hope he will continue to gain his testimony of our Savior.
This week I got to go to the SLC temple with these sweet girls to do baptisms for the dead. The last time I was in this temple was when I was getting sealed to my California dream boat. It was great to be back! The girls change in the temple - they are definitely quieter, but there is a different feeling there and it is wonderful to see them feeling the Spirit. We also went to Cheesecake Factory after....which was delicious and amazing and only added to the fun of the entire trip!
We spent some time with the Kidd family this week too. Ty and Logan have so much fun together. This week they got to play with worms and they loved it.
So here are a few pics of the mancave decor. I did a gallery wall of Chris and his dad and Ty and Chris with a fishing/outdoors theme.
My mom and Aunt Susie helped me by spending hours and hours figuring out how to make a frame out of Chris's antlers from his hunts. It was sort of crazy - didn't realize it would require so much work...but it turned out great. It is framing a picture Mikey took at the family reunion in Heber last year of the moose that grazed through the neighborhood.
Best fishing sign ever.
Movie fun!
Ty and Libby and myself spent a bit of time at the Provo temple after I picked up our packets for the Temple to Temple 5k we were doing as a family. It was great to walk the grounds with these two cuties.
Went to the Spanish fork Rodeo this week. And yes, I cowgirled up....because when else in your life do you get to wear cowboy boots and a cowboy hat?
Chris and I enjoyed the rodeo! Yeehaw!
Temple to Temple Run on Pioneer Day! We ran with our kids. You were supposed to run for an ancestor. I ran for Emily Jane King, Libby for Esther Jane Clark, Ty for John Watkins, and Chris for Charles C Rich. Greg Perry came too, and the Kidd family and my brother Travis. It was fun.
#siblings
The Kidd family.
We had Ty get out and run for part of it.
Chris pushing the kids past the Provo Temple.
Finish line at the Provo City Center Temple.
Group shot. I loved it. We honestly weren't able to run much. There were 15k people there...and it was crazy! But I'm so glad we did it!
Ty is a stylin' dude. And he just got a scooter and is having so much fun with it...I got it for $1 at a yard sale...that $1 has = HOURS of fun!
He's figuring it out!
Another dollar well spent. The girliest toy Libby has and she loves pushing it around!
For the first time since the Young's moved out, Ty's first question to me this morning (it's usually, "Mom, can we go to the Peach House?") was, "Mom, can I ride my scooter to church?" He did it!
Sunday photos....
Ty loves his Libby, no doubt about it!
I love being a mom to these two. It seems like at 18 months Libby's personality has just shot through the roof...and so has her attitude. She's saying a ton of new words and keeps me on my toes. I love her! Ty has been growing up too. He's my sweet boy and I love how happy and fun he is. Being a mom is the best job in the world.
great update! sorry we didn't see you at the 5k! Maybe next time haha
ReplyDelete