Sunday, May 31, 2015

Changes!


For FHE on Monday night we went on a hike up the mountain by our home, had an FHE lesson, and hiked home.  This time of the year, the weather was perfect, everything was green, and man there is just an incredible feeling in the outdoors!



My cute Ty guy.  He was eating his lunch with "grabbers."


Love my Libby.  She is saying new words all of the time.  She is a happy girl.  She even is trying to sing sometimes...and I LOVE it.


Libby loves Terie.  


This picture is through our front window of Ty throwing away his T-rex(sad day.)  We made a rule that if he bit anyone, he would have to throw a toy away.  Sadly that day came this week and he took his toy outside and put it in the trash.  We are motivated to find ways to stop some bad behavior, hoping this hurt a little so that he will not bite!


So yesterday and today have been particularly hard.  Terie and Morgan moved out yesterday!  I was at a homeschool convention all day on Saturday, and I think it was a good thing....but still.  I have cried and cried.  They have been such close (in all ways) friends (in addition to family) and we are excited for them, but this transition is hard.  I feel like I am loosing a friend (I know I'm not!!!) but it will be hard that we can't just walk out into the same backyard with our kids and chat without planning or prep.  They moved into their own beautiful home and I am excited for them, but I can't get over the feeling of loss today.  I am crying while I'm writing this blog...so if it doesn't make sense, it's because my eyes are so blurry that I can't see the screen.  
WHY THE PICTURE OF THE TOILET PAPER?  What does it have to do with the Young's moving?  Well, last night after a good cry we put the kids down and headed downstairs to rip out all of the carpet in the basement.  In the midst of the drudgery (it felt that way because I felt so emotionally drained) I went into the bathroom to blow my nose and there was this role of toilet paper with the corners folded in.  It made me smile because that's just who the Young's are!  They'll not only leave you a whole roll of TP, but they'll make you feel special by folding it all fancy.  We sure are going to miss having them so close, but we are SO GRATEFUL for the almost 4 years we had together.


This is my Ty today - he told me he had made wings, and that one of them "banged" and that I needed to pick him up and "fly" him.  I looove the way this boy thinks!  He makes me smile.  As I mentioned, I went to a homeschooling convention this weekend.  There were a lot of things that I learned!  I wanted to share those that apply to Ty - just for my own record.  I am trying to discover Ty's learning styles so that I can best teach/guide/facilitate his homeschool experience!  I believe that Ty is a Kinesthetic and Auditory learner.  Why?  Because of his need to CONSTANTLY be touching things AND moving (kinesthetic) and he loves to talk and he doesn't always look you win the eye when you are talking to him (auditory.)  This is all funny to me because I'm pretty sure I'm a Visual/Auditory and Chris is a Kinesthetic.  I love that Ty has a little bit of both of us!  I really enjoyed the homeschool convention and feel like I have a greater understanding of the path I need to be on the start Ty in our homeschool preschool in the fall.  Wahooo!  So there was a TON more that I learned, as the info above is only from one class, but my husband is sitting on the couch eating popcorn...and I'm gonna go over there.  Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment