Sunday, May 10, 2015

Life is Lovely




Ty wanted me to take a picture of him in his battle gear.  I LOVE it!  However, I've been doing lots of thinking about how, as a parent, I am helping him spiritually to armor himself each day.  I think a lot of it comes down to my personal scripture study - I know that when I am studying the scriptures I am more patient and loving with him, and more apt to respond to him by taking the teaching opportunities and filling our time with goodness. I love my family and I want them to love this gospel, to love their Savior, and to continue the strong eternal chain of enjoying the blessings of the temple. 


Ty stole Chris's camera and was taking pictures.  I love this boy!  He took a pic of Mommy and Daddy, and then below, he tried so very hard to get a pic of himself!



I look like Daddy!  He put on Chris's glasses today and just LOVED it.  
Today (it being mother's day) Ty sang with all of the primary children on the stand during sacrament meeting.  I made sure we sat close so that Ty wouldn't be too scared to walk so far (we usually are in the backish end of the chapel) and so he could see us while he was singing.  I was sooooo excited.  He went up there, no problem.  He was in the front row and was right next to his cousin Sam and another boy (Bradley) in his primary class.  They started singing Love is Spoken Here.  I was paying attention to Ty but soon noticed that Sam had a really sad, I mean REALLY SAD face, and then he started crying.  Oh, poor Sam! Morgan came and picked him up and took him out.  20 seconds later, the same thing happened to Bradley.  Ty was a bit distracted but continued to sing.  I was so proud of Ty, but so grateful for the distraction because I was a mess of a proud mom with crazy tears...and I would have just bawled my eyes out (way too emotional) had there not been those cute boys crying too.  We asked Ty why he didn't cry, and he said "Because I love to sing!"  That's my boy!  


So big step for Libby this week.  She fed herself with a spoon!  She does really well with our applesauce/oatmeal breakfast.  It makes it so nice for me :)  Libby also has a new molar and is working on another one.


We went to Costco this week and I couldn't fit everything in the cart.  I've never gotten so much!  This is the third time I've gone with both kids and I'm starting to not feel overwhelmed taking BOTH kids to the stores at the same time...It's only taken me 16 months to get here, but yeah!


We had Mikey over for dinner on Thursday.  We had a great time and we all ate lots of elk meat!


So it has been raining a lot this week and I've loved it!  Apparently Ty thinks you can "paint" mud on everything when it rains!!!  And it wasn't coming off in the rain, so I washed it all off...but yeah.  I love how creative and busy his mind is!


We LOVE where we live.  The mountains looked so neat in the rain!  


So I cut Ty's hair!!!!  Well, truthfully my mom helped even it all out, but I'm going to try to cut his hair so I can learn and save money each month.  Maybe someday I'll even try to cut Chris's hair! 


Speaking of hair, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your long hair!"  Libby's cousins found this wig and brought her upstairs with it on while we were at Grandma's house for dinner today.  We were all dying laughing!  When she started running into the other room, she looked like a little midget!  I SO love my Libby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment