Sunday, November 16, 2014

It's COLD

So I was thinking about blogging tonight and thought, man, we haven't done anything...ha.  This week has been CRAZY!  And we have done lots, I just looked through my camera and realized, yup, we've been busy, and somehow I just forgot?! 


Ty had Van Gogh to Play Dough, and I have never seen him enjoy one SO MUCH!  It was all about construction!  Trucks, dirt, buildings, etc, he was in heaven!!!  The only thing that I thought was rather silly, is that he wouldn't wear the construction vest they handed to him.  Refused to!  So the kid with the monkey backpack, that is Ty!


He built something with marshmallows and toothpicks.  I was impressed.  He didn't even ask to eat the marshmallows until after he was done building.  


Ty is such a big boy these days.  He wakes up, goes straight to the bathroom and does his business.  He has only peed the bed once, ONCE!  Awesome.  He also has insisted to wipe himself now and well, I guess tomorrow we'll see if he'll transition to the big potty!  WAHOOOOOO!!!  Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but........butt, but, butt, I'm excited.


We had our first snow.  It has been cold!  It is supposed to be 15 degrees tonight....brrrrr! Libby had her first snow experience!  Libby also pulled herself to standing tonight for the first time.  Shocked me, are we really at that point?  AH!  She is also really good at signing "more" and is trying SO HARD to say it.  She likes to give me big slobbery kisses when I ask, and still smiles so big her eyes disappear.  LOVE this girl.


I mostly let Ty play in the snow and Libby just loved watching him in the warmth of our kitchen.


We had YW in Excellence this last week and I was on the decorating committee.  It was a lot of work, and I have a ton of pictures, but I'm just going to show you my favorite 3 areas. The theme was "Seek the Sweet" and the speakers spoke about the sweetness of the temple, personal progress, etc. 

 YW in general is a super-big deal, I'm learning.  I didn't realize what a big role the YW play in every ward.  They (and their leaders) have such a significant role in a ward-helping out at every event, cleaning the church, garbage duty, etc.  It's awesome and good to see the girls participating in full spectrum of experiences that the church offers.  I love that.



Yeah, my honey is handy.  Handy-MAN.  Yup.  He installed some fun track lighting in our kitchen to spruce it up a little since I slammed the front door (it's true, and YES, I was letting of some steam, truth be told, and slammed the door) and our light cover fell and shattered...lol.  So, don't get angry, but if you are the angry type, marry the handy type.  HA!  I'm on one tonight.  I think it was the rice krispie treats that we made after dinner.  LOTS of sugar.



BEFORE


AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment