Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Grandma Hardy's Funeral

My Grandma Hardy passed away the night before I headed off to Youth Conference.  It was expected and I am so grateful that she is now with Grandpa-just in time for father's day.  Isn't great that she is no longer prisoner in an old body and now must feel so good?  Mom, Dad and Travis saw her that evening and she was given a blessing to release her.  Then around 9pm my parents left and my Aunt Susie came and stayed with Grandma until she passed away just after 11:30pm.  I am so grateful that my Aunt Susie was there so my Grandma didn't have to be alone.  

My grandma was a BIG part of my life.  She lived only two houses down and so we saw her a lot.  Saying goodbye to grandma wasn't hard because I know where she is; with Grandpa putting her shoulder to the wheel working in the Lord's vinyard on the other side.  

My grandma was everyone's grandma.  No matter who you were, when you walked in the door, you were taken care of.  My grandma worked in the family history center and spent hours and hours in her back room working on the microfilm reader doing what we now call indexing...the hard way.  She went to the temple weekly and even took me a couple of times as a teenager so I could go to baptisms while she did initiatories.  Grandma was always humming "little diddies" and teachings us through every experience how it related to being a faithful member of the church.  I sure do love my grandmother!


All of the daughters and daughter in laws saying goodbye before the closed the casket.



Travis was one of the pallbearers....not a great shot, but I couldn't get there fast enough.


My mom and her sisters






Just some pics of the luncheon.



This is the lid to the cement vault (what they put the casket in and seal before the casket is laid in the ground)...cool right?  Well, what is cool is the story behind it.  My cousin's son (Brayden) works for the vault company.  My mom got grandma the cheapest vault-because it's just a cement box that nobody will really see, however when Brayden found out, he actually spent the time to paint and make it the nicest cement vault and that just makes me smile.  Grandma deserves to go down in style!!!

I know I will see my grandmother again!  I know this is possible because of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful to have had someone so wonderful to teach me and be a big part of my life.  Love you Grandma Hardy!  Until we meet again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment