Tuesday, July 15, 2014

First Half of July

July has been full of fun!


4th of July!  We had dinner with the Youngs and then went outside for smores and fireworks!


My grandparents were married in Canada on the 4th of July, so we have always got together with my mom's extended family that day.  It was really touching for me to think of g-ma and g-pa Hardy together now looking down on all of us! 



Yup, that's my LIBERTY!


Libby is growing and changing so much!  She really loves to rock and pivot on her tummy-she definitely doesn't stay where you put her!  

My sister came last Thursday and spent the day with me!  It was super fun to have her here.  We went to the library and watched the animal show, played in the backyard, and went and got some ice cream at the local SOS drugstore.  Oh how I love my sister!  ***My favorite part of the day was when Logan would get into the play car in the backyard-he would to through the "window" on the side where the door didn't open-head first!  It was hilarious to watch.


Libby started solids last week.  First time I fed her green beans I ended up cleaning them out of her nostrils with q-tips.  She is looooving real food.


Chris and I went on a date to Dave and Cranky's on Friday night and then went and watched Divergent.  I had heard the food was good and there is a mocktail bar and Chris loves fun drinks, so we went.  We probably won't go again (although the food was really good) the atmosphere was so....not us.  But my favorite part of the night was when Chris asked for some salt and they brought some Real Salt out on a little plate.  Chris thought it rather odd that they didn't have a salt shaker..


Chris let me sleep in on Sat morning and when I woke up he had washed and vaccuumed out my car and this little cutie was scrubbing my floor mats.  I am spoiled.



Libby, Libby, Libby...where to start.  Well she has plagiocephaly-pretty much a misshapen head.  And Tortocolis...a tight neck on one side.  Both are contributing to the other.  My Dr. referred me to a craniofacial specialist (for her head) up at Primary Children's hospital and there are no pediatric physical therapists (for her neck) in UT county that are covered by my insurance....so I started to imagine going to SLC all of the time and hated the thought of it!  Queue the tender mercies: Heavenly Father really blessed me to put people in my life and within two days I had it all figured out and don't have to travel to SLC.  We have met with an orthotist here in Provo for the helmet and are working with a pediatric physical therapist from the program Kids Who Count-which is at no cost to us or our insurance.  The helmet isn't covered by insurance, but it's okay, Libby is worth it!


Trying out the bumbo to help put less pressure on her head....


Family time at the Sorensen's


Chris went fishing at Strawberry.  We ate this with my parents AND had it for another meal.  This sucker was HUGE! (And delicious!)


Ty is super entertaining these days. Those are stickers on his head....just in case you can't tell.  We got the phone call from the Nursery leader at church asking us if we could come and be with him during nursery for a few weeks.  It was a phone call that started like this..."I need to put this as delicately as possible."  I didn't feel offended at all.  We realized at the family reunion that Ty was overstimulated by so many kids and lashed out a bit....apparently it happens at church too.  So I just let her know that we would be happy to be there and then told Chris he would need to go be with Ty...lol.  Since I'm usually feeding a baby during sunday school and had to teach YW's Chris got to go.  He said Ty did fine, but there were only 4 kids in nursery that day.


These two sure love each other!  They keep me smiling!


Last week I had some friends over for dinner!  These girls were my roommates and dear friends while at BYU-Hawaii.  L-R Cami and Ryan White, Chris, Shelley and Spike Cheever, and Kaysie and Jason Ziebarth.  It was wonderful to get together with these girls and share memories-like sleeping in the wal-mart parking lot when we all went to Maui together...and in a hostel with a tin roof during an epic rainstorm, Shelley going to church in her jeans, etc.  Oh what wonderful times we had together!


These are all of the kiddos!  They went crazy!  (Count it-that is 4 two-year-olds!)  They tore Ty's room apart!  They stripped the bedding off of his bed, jumped on the bed, got everything out of the toy box, etc.  However-they played together pretty well.  No injuries. :)


Me and my girls!  
Shelley, Kaysie, Cami, and me!

1 comment:

  1. Audrey had the torticollis and plagiocepahly when she was little too. She started her physical therapy when she was 2 months! We did the helmet starting at 6 months and she had it on for about 2 months. I hated it, but she did fine and it did help. Her head is still kind of a funny shape, but now that her hair is grown in, you really can't tell. It's a lot better than had we not done it! We went to the Hanger clinic in Provo and saw a guy named Branch. He was great. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns about it! It's definitely hardest on the momma!

    ReplyDelete