I’m playing catch-up. I don’t remember when we went to Battlecreek Falls. I just know we did. And I know we had a great time. Chris spotted a mountain goat and its baby on a ridge and we just sat there enjoying the cool silhouette that they created as the sun was setting. We enjoyed the view, the water, and we’re pretty sure we came across a bear track(pictured below)….which brings me to my first date with Chris 10 months ago-Chris and I doubled with his friend Devin and his date. We went up to Midway and it took so much time to find a gluten-free meal that by the time we got up to Midway, the sun was setting. (May I insert here that Chris is a very patient man and I’m grateful for his patience with my crazy eating habits!) When we were half-up the mountain we sat in the back of Chris’s truck and ate our cold Mexican food overlooking the Midway valley while Chris was telling us of his adventures in that area…notably a bear sighting. Then Chris wanted to take us to his favorite meadow…in the DARK. We didn’t have flash lights…and up there-there just isn’t light. So we headed on the “trail” to the meadow in the dark. Devin and his date were leading the way when they heard growling that made them stop in their tracks and then I heard it and stopped too. Chris never heard it, so he thinks we are all scaredy-cats. We were sure it was the warning growl of a very hairy and large beast of the forest, so we turned back and headed for the truck. Oh the good memories we have, and I’m looking forward to many, many more!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment