Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween


One thing I like to do twice a year is sugar cookies (Halloween and Valentines.)  The kids LOVED to help.  They were super excited.


Libby is so funny - she eats salsa like you'd eat a bowl of cereal.  This salsa was super spicy, and she just kept eating her entire bowl.  She cracks me up!  


Decorating cookies!


So I took this picture and right after Chris said, "How's my hair?"  Ty immediately said, "Balding!"  It was hilarious!!!  Ty is so funny.  


Ty was running around the front yard like this.  The wind was blowing and he loved how it blew his cape (Libby's pink blanket.)  I love him.  I love how creative and adventurous he is. 


  

Libby was Dorothy this year.  This pic was right before the ward fall carnival.  I just can't get over how cute (and grown up) she is!!!


We carved a pumpkin on Friday.  It was the best.  I loved it....I don't know why, but I really did.  Ty was being a wimp and wouldn't pull out the "slimy, gooey, sticky" seeds and I was thinking that this is so fun and I don't know what his deal is!  Did I raise a wimp?  Then I realized I never let him touch gross things that might be slimy, gooey, sticky - like boogers and bird poop, etc.  SO-it was funny.  I told him he couldn't do any carving unless he pulled some seeds out, and as you can see, he dug in - but he didn't enjoy it.  When he wanted to see my progress he would plug his nose because it "stunk" before looking into the center of the pumpkin.  What a character!


As we were cleaning out the pumpkin I look over and Libby is gnawing off pieces of pumpkin and eating them from off of the top we pulled out.  She is funny!


Ty was excited!  


I was in charge of getting all of the flyers out for the ward carnival.  I still had about 1/6 of our ward left to do on Tuesday night.  So Chris and the kids rode the quad to keep me company while I ran from house to house putting flyers on everyone's door knobs.


Saturday my parents showed up right as we were getting ready for our Halloween fun with the Young's.  It was great to see them!


Bad to the bone!



We had a little family halloween dinner at the Young's.  The kids were so excited.  It was such a fun night!


Dressed up and ready to Trick-or-Treat!


Libby and Noel are just so dang cute!


Family pic.  I was the Wicked Witch of the West and Libby was Dorothy.  Chris was a biker dude and Ty was a dragon warrior but decided to trade his helmet, shield and other armor for Sam's goggles.  So yeah...


Watching the kids trick or treat was fun.  I LOVE the excitement these little ones have.


Enjoying the spoils!


Libby - I just have to tell you what she has been doing lately.  My all-time-fav:  She grabs your face/cheeks and pulls you in for a kiss.  It's adorable and I love it. She also will get her blanket and lay wherever and say, "Shleepin" aka that she is sleeping.  It's cute.   She says lots of fun two word phrases like, "My water!" and yells at Ty when he drinks out of her water cup.  It's fun to have her tell you so much, and it helps to know how to help her.  


This is right before church today.  I love these two kiddos so much.  I've held them extra close this week and am so grateful they are a part of our family.


1 comment: