Chris went grouse hunting with Nick and his dogs. He brought us home this little tasty grouse and he breaded and fried us up some little "grouse nuggets" and they were tasty.
Ty and Grandpa Sorensen keeping warm while fishing at Deer Creek on Saturday.
They didn't catch any fish:( But Ty is already begging Chris to go fishing with Grandpa again, so fish or not, I think it was a success!
These goof balls...I love them! (Yes Ty is crossing his eyes...)
We went to the SOS this week for some well-deserved ice cream for these two cuties!
I just love this place. I love the fun feel of a legit ice cream bar!
We went to story time this week on Friday and it was a blast. The kids did great. I will say I lost Ty in the library and was ready to call 911 because I couldn't find him. There were a million kids EVERYWHERE at the library after story time and Ty had gone and sat at a computer and put on some headphones and was trying to use the computer and well, I didn't see him! Ah! Libby had already gone out the front doors and into the foyer to escape...man kids are fast! I am thinking next time we just might have to do things a little differently....
Daddy decided it was popcorn and movie time and the kids loved it:)
My food pantry has been a huge mess....for YEARS. I decided it was time. I spent Saturday organizing it all.
It felt very good to clean and organize, and yes I am posting these pics because they do make me feel good about myself;)
We went over to the Young's for Noel and Mikey's birthday celebration. It was wonderful to be with the family, the food was amazing, and Terie's cake decorating skills did not disappoint! We had some fun conversations and laughed a lot.
So Mikey brought his ferret, Oscar with them and everyone couldn't get enough of him. They waited and waited for the ferret to come out and then in their excitement scared him back under the couches. Fun times.
These two....
Joy to my heart!
Tonight I had a meeting at the NuSkin building in downtown Provo....and this was my view. I got to sit and listen to a member of the quorum of the 70 and the committee for the Provo City Center Temple cultural celebration talk about what is expected and ultimately, feel the spirit, joy, and excitement of our new temple. The theme for the celebration is from Isaiah 61:3 "Beauty for Ashes" and I couldn't agree more. This building was a beautiful tabernacle that has a rich history of events that has taken place there, but would never have reached it's full potential had it not gone through the "fire of adversity" with the tragic fire. However, because of the fire, it is now going to be a temple and do a most important and sacred work. I know that is how our Savior works - He lifts us out of our trials to help us reach our full potential. I am SO EXCITED to be a part of the cultural celebration. This is a once in a lifetime experience for our youth and I dearly hope they will feel the spirit and strength from this holy temple!



No comments:
Post a Comment