We'll start the post out with a few things Ty has said this week that makes me smile!
When will I get bigger and my hair will fall off? (He's a thinker. I think he wants to be just like Grandpa Watkins)
Libby needs to repent! (After church Libby hit him probably because he was in her bubble as he often is)
That is what I am talk in' about! (Middle of the night bloody nose and Chris is cleaning him off and that is what he says!)
Mom, u give the best kisses! (He was helping me make dinner and is so good at melting my heart!)
This week for family home evening we did dinner with Mikey, Grandpa Watkins, the Young's and Buddy Gomm. We ate well and then we did Watkins Family Theater. This time it was time for me to be silly - and I was! The kids were great and gave me their tickets. We watched The Gruffalo and ate popcorn. Man, it was great to be with everyone!
Ticket takers are hot.
Morgan, Buddy, Mikey, and Libby excited to start the movie!
Chris, Terie, Noel, Sam, and Ty!
On Tuesday we went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. They were doing their $2 Tuesday deal and honestly, the place was a zoo! It was soooo crazy I couldn't even talk to Ty in a regular voice.
Digging for bones!
Wednesday we fed the ducks. Libby LOVES birds...it is adorable. But the funniest part for me was that she wouldn't feed them the bread. She ate any bread I gave to her to feed the ducks.
Yup, the ducks and Libby eating bread;) We actually left when we ran out of food and there were some very in-your-face geese that would get right up into the kids faces...yup, time to leave!
Then we went to library. Our library is awesome. There is a cool water feature and a park too, so the kids just went from one thing to the next.
Libby lately: She says no a lot, but is repeating lots of different words, which is fun. She cracks me up with the ways she says "phone" = "fun" and "six" = "sick" and "fork" = not appropriate. She has been finding hats to wear around the house, still won't eat her peanut butter and jelly sandwich without taking it apart and eating through the middle first, and she wants to use the potty all of the time...or just play in the toilet!
Ty got to go with Daddy and Buddy this week on some awesome manly time. They went up to Payson Lakes and had a great time fishing! Ty caught lots of fish and came home SO EXCITED to tell me about it.
Ty also went on an elk scouting trip up Hobble Creek and had a great time.
Ty has gotten so much better at his bike. The other day he asked me to write the alphabet on the cement so he could ride over it and tell me what they were. No, it wasn't perfect and he didn't get them all, but I LOVE that it was his idea and for a while he would ride and stop and tell me what letter he was on. I am trying to make learning the way we live - and he is catching on. Yesterday I went to an LDS homeschool conference. As we were eating breakfast together before I left, Ty asks me, "Mom, what are we going to learn today?" I LOVE it. I'm not super stressed about the fact that I am homeschooling. I realize this year is really the year to figure Ty out some more, teach him important values and principles, and throw in some academics if he is interested. This morning before church Ty wanted to know why we pooped. Great question, right? So we did a quick and simple explanation of the digestive tract. We are going to spend some time learning a little more on that this week and more about what it means to love someone. He needs to know that his parents love him and what that means.
Another thing about Ty: Today was his first talk in primary. It was precious. He was SO EXCITED and so smiley! He spoke really well and didn't get distracted with the microphone, for the most part. He spoke about miracles - about how Jesus healed the blind man and the resurrection. Chris helped him and that duo melts my heart. Those moments are so precious and special. I am so grateful for our family! Being a mom is the best job in the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment