We have been in California this week, so be prepared for a picture overload! Below is the picture run-down of the fun that we have been having!
We were able to welcome home Elder Buddy (Christopher) Gomm home from his mission. It was fun to watch Audrey's eyes glued to the escalator and feel the emotion/excitement from the family. What a happy time!
Chris had a BLAST fishing with Ken and Paul at the Lower Sacramento River.
He knows how to real 'em in!
We went to West Side Story in Sacramento Friday night! So I'd never seen it - and I love broadway plays with good music and dancing. This however didn't fit my "happy endings" criteria...now I know! But the dancing was fun to watch!
Libby has loved going to the Gomms and saying "Hi Chicks, Hi Chickies"
We went to a train museum with the Drena Lopez and her kids. Oh man, I just love Drena. I am soooo glad that we make it this way and they make it to Utah often. What a fun time!
Ty and I have been read this awesome book called, Te Amo Bebe. The main sequence you read is "I love you once, I love you twice, I love you more than beans and rice, I love you more than moon and sun, te amo bebe, little one." I often whisper, "I love you more than beans and rice!" and he tells me "I love you more than trains and cabooses!" (Which he came up with it all by himself and I love it!) Seems appropriate to share this little moment here since we are with trains.....
Libby really likes Drena!
It's been 8-9 years since we met? Time flies!
Ty wouldn't get in the picture, so I had to join him!
Hello? Oh yes, children. This is what a phone used to look like....am I that old???
Daddy lovin'
We went to the Sacramento Temple for family night while the men were fishing! See the water by my feet? The kids had been playing in the fountains...oh they were in heaven!
We looove grandma and we looove the temple!
Pic above: Their relationship to a 'T'
Ty got this idea in his head....use the chalk to make paint...Well that is exactly what he did....all over grandma and grandpa's back patio. This is only one of four messes that are similar....but he was in HEAVEN. ***Special thanks to Grandpa for letting my kids get messy and have fun while Chris and I were out on a date!
Dena and I and the kids went to Panera on Monday night to celebrate my b-day. Ty and Libby did great. At some point, Ty announces he needs to use the restroom so we start going that way and he says, "It's gonna be a poopy party!" I don't know why it's so funny...but just the moment was hilarious. This boy makes me laugh all of the time!
Chris and I headed out on a date on Thursday night to the Cheesecake Factory. For my b-day I wanted cheesecake...bad. So that's what we did and he got a yummy steak!
Happy Birthday to me!
Collecting eggs with grandma at the Gomms!
I took the kids to a nearby splash pad while Chris and Grandma were at volleyball. They were so timid! I had to walk out with them and stay on the splash pad the whole time - which honestly I didn't mind too much - but they were just shy or something!
There was a playground nearby and they did like that! I swung in the tire swing with them....I forget how cool tire swings are!
My lil' cowboy!
We all had a blast on Saturday working on the yard...literally, in some ways....after Chris cut off the low hanging branches from the roof, we tried to put them through the chipper...and it didn't work so well.
Ooops!
Ty helped grandma mow the lawn! He was really helpful!
We went to see Michela at work. We met some horses and some chickens and a dog and well, it was great. We also saw the coolest horse I've ever seen. It's name was Raiden and the best way to describe it is GIANT and snuggly....the biggest horse I have ever seen...it was amazing! (Raiden is not pictured above...I don't have a pic of him!)
Ty looks so grown up to me in this picture!
Libby wasn't so sure of the horse. But I have to share a little about Libby for a quick sec. So she counts and it's fun: "Two, Sree, Six, Nine" Those are the ones she knows when we count to 10. She is funny. She's been a clown lately too. It's also been fun to see her be so loving to her grandparents. She is saying SO MANY words...and I love it. She is so fun.






No comments:
Post a Comment