Sunday, August 30, 2015

Survival Campout and More!


Buddy and Chris went on a camping trip and this is how it went, "Adventure update: buddy and I went survival camping. We each brought only 10items to aid in survival. We spent 6 hours building an amazing shelter. I caught one small fish which became dinner. At 11pm or so a bear shows up about 10 yards from the shelter. I brought my pistol so I put a round in the chamber and we just waited. Heard it several more times in a 1 hour period. Before that we heard a different bear a few hundred yards from us while hanging our food. Coyotes were howling too. It was a long night. Wild raspberries and currant berries for breakfast and came home."


They were up at Cliff Lake in the Uintahs.


They're awesome shelter that they built, but they ended up sleeping in the car at 1am.




Monday Ty and Libby were getting immunizations.  Ty hid under the chair and told ever nurse that he didn't need any shots today....hilarious!



Monday was a hard day.  They were both sore and miserable from their shots that morning.  We ate a lot of popcorn and watched Netflix.


Libby is still crazy....lol.  She doesn't like to eat her peanut butter and jelly like normal people do.  It's quite messy and drives me nuts.  Oh well.  She is saying so many new words and can be a diva when she isn't getting her way.  She still has 4 more teeth to go, and I keep thinking she is going to get them because her gums are swollen, but they don't come in!


Ty had an FHE lesson about missionary work.  Buddy and his friend Whitney gave Ty and plaque to wear and a Ty.  We talked about why you go on a mission.  So grateful to have Buddy teaching Ty about missionary work!


We had a great day on Wednesday with Terie and Sam at the park.  The weather was great...and rainy.  My kids were soaked, but so grateful to have some time with them.  We sure miss having the Young's so close!


We built a fort and Ty loved it!


So did Libby and Daddy. :)


Ty was amazing this week.  He reminded me to pray when I couldn't get the truck started.  He even told me he gave really good prayers.  He also said his personal prayers one morning.  He invited me to join him, I sure love him! He also learned about the digestive system and LOVED when we pulled out the measuring tape to show him how long his small intestine was.  I love my boy!


Chris put in a new faucet yesterday.  Libby was having so much fun under the sink.  We had great helpers through that process, and now we have a lovely, new faucet that isn't rusted and doesn't leak.  Yeah, I've got a great man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment