Chris had told me that he wanted to ride the quad from Hobblecreek to Daniel's Summit Lodge and eat lunch. So I arranged for a babysitter and we went for a very scenic ride. When we got to the trail head, we realized we didn't have keys for the quad. We had to drive all of the way home. We got on the trail a lot later than we planned, but we had a great time. It was gorgeous and the weather was amazing. I saw more wild flowers that I ever have! There were so many colors and types. It was amazing! We were grateful for a flexible babysitter who could stay longer so we could do what we set out to do!
Lunch at the lodge!
The aspens up there were amazing.
On top of the world!
Strawberry Peak
One really neat thing we saw on our way home (not in this picture) was a mommy dear and her baby. The baby was tiny - and as we drove up the mommy dear ran up the side of the mountain and the baby dear dropped right where it was on the trail and stayed still. It was amazing to see how the baby deer knew exactly what to do even though it was so young!
My favorite flowers...although there were SO MANY.
Ok, so I figured out how to get on your blog and I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! They are so cute! I'm excited that I can get back on your blog and follow you guys again!
ReplyDelete