Sunday, June 14, 2015

Basement Face Lift - Week 2


Chris has been working a couple of hours a week on a card table in the construction zone!  I am sure he can't wait to get the mancave lookin' nice (and manly) again!


The kids have been everywhere!!!  We have worked on the basement as much as possible.  Sometimes the kids are napping, and most times they are not.  It has been GREAT for them because they have spent a lot of time in the backyard and that's good for all of us!  


My parents have helped us a couple of nights in getting some tile done in the entryways.  We are so grateful for their help!  We could not have gotten it done so quickly without them!


I learned to cut tile and it was a challenge to make it all work in the mancave but we did it!


My momma and I helping where we could!


We miss the Youngs!  We went and visited Terie on Tuesday before our Costco trip, and then she and Sam came and played for a couple of hours on Wednesday.  Sam and Ty are cute little buddies!


Ty, Sam, and Chris had a water gun fight.  It was funny. 


Libby was so out yesterday that I snuck a picture of her while she was sleeping.  These are pics just for me, the momma who loves her baby!


Happy girl!


Ty has enjoyed helping with the face lift.  I feel like he has gotten more mature just because he's been more independent in his outside play and he's moving a lot more.  I've started reading a chapter of Charlotte's Web to him everyday.  He may be a little young - but I LOVED it as a child!  He's been doing really well listening and we've had a good moment where something I read made him laugh and giggle.  I look forward to reading fun books with my children!


Yesterday we felt like we needed to get out for an hour after dinner since we have done a lot of work, work, work!  We headed to this new little man-made lake called Bartholomew Lake.  It has a beach on one side and then another side where you can fish.  It's right at the mouth of Hobblecreek and its beautiful.  Looking forward to more family time there!


Chris got a new saw and has been cutting and installing bead board under the counter.  Before they had put slate tile there, and I hated it!  So now there is lovely beadboard and it's going to look great!


This week was Springville Art City Days.  They have a children's art festival that is awesome and we decided to head over and try it out!  It was CRAZY.  THOUSANDS of children and their parents were there!  I think next time I'll go 30 min early so I can find a parking spot and feel like I don't have to shove my way through to find room at the tables where the kids get to do different arts and crafts. 


Libby was an angel at the art fest.  So grateful for her angelic temperment at times like this.


Friday night we had pizza and smores with the Youngs.  It was great to have them here and felt like a little piece of heaven to be all together again!


I don't think this boy likes smores....lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment