Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New Carpet and Chris's Birthday

When you get new carpet it's like moving out of your home...well 75% of your home. And all of our stuff (of which we have a lot) was in our garage and front room.  We have been living in chaos - and I'm so glad our home is coming back together this week.  




Worms!  So when Chris got home from fishing this week (He went to Strawberry for his birthday) he brought home worms and I let Ty play with them outside one morning and he was in HEAVEN.  The day the carpet came, we were stuck in the kitchen watching netflix on the computer.  I let Ty put the worms on the tray of the high chair so he could play....it was funny to think about what the workers must be thinking...Ty sitting in a high chair with worms in his high chair.  I do not feed my kids worms!


Taking a break and riding his bike!


We have a sickness...it's called "While we're at it."  
The night before the carpet was to come Chris and I decided since we've always hated the paint job in our room, so we painted and added trim to our window.


All done!


Chris's birthday was in the middle of all of the chaos.  We went to dinner at Ruby River that night.  He got the Porter Steak, which was HUGE (this picture doesn't do it justice.)  


Sorry about the blurriness...


Libby ate a lot of steak that night.


We've done a lot of painting clean-up.  Lots of water play in the backyard!  Ty was using his shield against Daddy.  


The day we got carpet and we were cooped up in our hot home (they turn off your air conditioning for the stretching of the carpet - it got up to 88 degrees in the house!) we called Terie and asked if we could come over.  We packed up some lunch and headed over for a picnic in their backyard.  Truthfully Ty and Libby were crazy and it was a really hard day.  But I LOVE these pics of the kiddos from the picnic.


Well, that's one way to eat a sandwich!


I love Sam's funny faces!


I love how Libby looks first thing in the morning.  She is cherubic!


From cherubic to an adorable mess!!!


Libby shares all of her food.,..she thinks it is so fun to feed you...unless it is ice cream.  She will SCREAM if you try to take it.  It's hilarious.


Libby has turned into a cuddlebug and a diva.  She screams every time that Ty touches her.  She won't be in the same bathtub with him.  She seems really demanding but is LOADS of fun!


Ty took this pictures right after I took the picture below.


Happy Father's Day!!!  Chris is such a great father.  Ty and Libby love him SO MUCH!  I do too.:)  He loves to play with them and they love Daddy time so much!


Ty and I were kicking the soccer ball the other morning.  He is really accurate.  For some reason he calls kicking the soccer ball "Fats."  So he asks me now if we can go play fats.  Funny boy.


More fun outside!  Libby was painting the cement with water and a paint brush.  

Well that was our week!  We love our new carpet and our home is coming together quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment