Another week has come and gone! We have had some colder weather (which is normal...but the warm weather has thrown us off!) So you'll see pics of sunshine and snow!
My happy little Ty taking "Tigy" for a hike.
Okay - so I never thought it would be so hard to get Ty to WANT to earn stickers. I made a sticker chart because Ty is your normal toddler...he doesn't like to get dressed, he doesn't like to obey, he doesn't like to be nice to his sister, and he needs a little encouragement to do some letter/learning activities. So....this picture is from day 3, with 2 "gimme" stickers (so he would be excited) and one legit "I earned it" sticker. Ummmm...anyone know how to motivate a child? I have to spell it all out for him like this: "Ty, I am going to ask you to take your boots and put them in your room. If you say, 'Yes Mommy' and take them to your room, then I would love to give you a sticker for your sticker chart!" At least half of the time he says he doesn't want a sticker or starts throwing a little fit. ANYONE WITH ADVICE ON HOW TO MOTIVATE MY THREENAGER IS WELCOME TO COMMENT IN THE COMMENTS....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Libby is still as cute as ever and only getting cuter. Last night after family prayer we did our, "1,2,3, go family!" Then "Covenant!" and then since Christmas with the Watkins Clan we learned, "Hugs!" and everyone puts their arms and out gets one big family hug. Well, Libby has been putting her arms up for months, which is adorable, but last night she said, "HUGS!" And it was too, too, too, cute! She is saying more words everyday!
It snowed about 3 inches this week, and was all melted by the end of day, or the next day. The kids loved it! (So did my big kid, Chris!)
Ty came down with a cold on Monday and yesterday Libby started coming down with it too. We've had sick kiddos and lots of snuggle time.
Chris got to go fishing for a few hours this week at Thistle Creek. He had a blast doin' what he loves!
On Saturday I got together with some old co-workers. I just loved remembering the good work ethic and great things I learned from these people!
This was Sunday after church-these kiddos are too cute! I love 'em!

No comments:
Post a Comment