Sunday, April 5, 2015

April is Here!

We'll start first with a picture of Ty!  This boy takes up a lot of my thoughts, and LOTS of my time.  I think about him a lot because I want to teach him right!  Lately he has been a little violent and  pushes, pokes, and hits others....mainly me, Libby, and Sam and Noel.  It makes me a little crazy.  I have stopped judging other moms for their children's misbehavoirs...because I don't teach Ty constantly pester his sister, or hit his cousins.  I am realizing that I just need to respond with patience.  We have really been focusing the principled that Ty is a protector to his sister and I imagine he will always be a brother/bother, but I can hope that one day it may sink in.  
On another note, Ty is a BRILLIANT kid!  I am doing as much reading to him as I can, with fun trips to the library and reading the library books at home.  I read the Friend to he and Libby in the mornings, read a book to him at nap time, and another book at bedtime.  He is able to spell out words because he knows his alphabet.  He makes me so proud when he points out the letters and knows them.  I look forward to our first year of homeschool preschool this fall.  It motivates me to be a more patient and loving parent.  Ty currently LOVES daddy's stories and is starting to tell a few of his own.  He is great with singing primary songs and he's been making some up as he goes too.  He LOVES dinosaurs right now, and I love hearing him say, "Mom, it's an Ankylosaurus! I'm so grateful for this happy, energetic boy!


Chris snapped this picture of Ty the other day...LOVE this boys perfect face!

Chris was able to go on a fishing trip with his father and a good friend from California, Ken Fox.  It was wonderful to have grandpa in town, and so great to have Chris have some time out with his dad doing what he loves.  Last month was a tough one for Chris - and seeing him do what he loves, and that killer smile, makes me so grateful.



Chris and Ken


Paul and a beautiful rainbow trout!



Grandpa Time was WONDERFUL!




These kiddos were in heaven with grandpa!  We hope grandma can come next time!


Grandpa painted our bathroom for us, our remodel is almost complete!



Fishing Hobblecreek with Ty, and they did catch a fish...I don't have a pic.



Smores with Grandpa...oh, he is a good smore maker!  We also had him make us omelets...cause Paul's omelets are just DANG GOOD!


Libby is walking about 60% of the time now. She is starting to put two words together like, "Hi Daddy" and "More banana" and it is fun!  She and Ty have had more moments of happy play together, and she is just getting more and more personality each day!  She is saying, "Eieio" from Old McDonald and says grandpa(Sounds more like "Bampa" but we get it!)  She is also starting to say farm animal sounds and we sure love her!

While Chris was out of town, we went on walks to the park, went to the library, and Costco.  Getting out kept me sane. :)




We needed sun hats because it was almost 80 degrees!



Library time...


Libby crawls on top of everything!


Our Spider we were building...


We shared an ice cream at Costco.  It was the first time I have ever bribed Ty with ice cream at costco and it worked really well.  He was an angel to me and his sister.....I wouldn't mind doing that again....lol


Libby loved the ice cream too...you just can't tell...she likes to put out a pouty face....lol,


Ty is such a good help in the kitchen.  He peeled carrots for me the other day.  He is really quite good at it!  Then he threw all of the peelings on the floor and played so nicely with his sister that I didn't even mind the mess that much.....


Happy Easter!




Enjoying the spoils....

Ty and I watched the Bible videos about the Resurrection this morning.  He was wrapped up in a blanket on my lap and although I sat there trying to figure out how to explain it alls(It was 7am and my brain was still asleep), he already had the basis for understanding and as a child, simply accepted that Jesus is resurrected.  And I am so grateful for Ty and his ability to just accept this beautiful truth.   

1 comment:

  1. I just love your updates! You love being a mom and it shows. Thanks for your example of patience and goodness :)

    ReplyDelete