Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Quick Week!

Last week went by WAY TOO FAST!  It was awesome.  It started with Mother's Day...which was awesome!  Chris made me delicious french toast for breakfast and I got to go to nursery with Ty (I just got called into YW and it was our turn to take over primary so the mothers could enjoy relief society) and I have to say, I enjoyed it.  Each little kid made a card for their mom with a thumb print that said, "Thumbody love you."   The only thing I didn't like was, well, 3 kids had ruuuuunnny noses and Ty and I both got a head cold (even though during nursery I washed my hands twice!!!!)  


Libby all dressed and ready for church!


Am I bad?  I snapped a pic of the cute kiddos during nursery.  Too fun.


I walk one night a week for an hour with these awesome ladies (Jill Barson and Tami Gee) at night...which is why Jill is sporting the awesome fluorescent/reflective vest.  Good times.


Chris asked my to buy some fruit snacks...and well, that's just against my personal health code...so I made some with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, honey, vanilla, and gelatin.  Truth be told, they aren't that great...but if you couldn't buy fruit snacks...these would do.  *Note:  Even though they aren't great, I STILL won't be buying any.


Ty and Chris enjoyed a quad ride together this week.  LOVE this pic.


Ty and I skyped my sister and her little boy Logan, and Logan drinking his green smoothie, and he would get a green smoothie mustache, so Ty had to get his own green smoothie mustache/goatee.  

Last week we went up Hobble Creek Canyon and had a picnic and enjoyed fishing for a few hours.  Below are a few pics from our fun afternoon!






Once we got home (after Chris caught like 15 fish and released all but 3) the weather was so nice that we wanted to stay outside!  So we spent the evening in the backyard with a little fire and some smores.



Saturday evening we went shopping for Chris.  He's needed some clothes, but most especially he's needed a new suit and new Sunday shoes.  He hasn't had a new suit or Sunday shoes since his mission, and I'd say it's about time!!!



So on Sunday I didn't have a headband that matched Libby's outfit, so she had her first little ponytail! Super cute! 

And we've gone a few times this last week in the double stroller.  Libby and Ty both do pretty good!  



We have this awesome video of Ty with Grandpa W on the day we moved every\hing out of the cabin.  I asked Grandpa what he liked about Ty and G-pa said that he like Ty's smile.  Then I asked Ty what he liked about Grandpa and he said "He's so cute!"  The movie is adorable.  Ty watched the movie a few times today and then, while I was preparing lunch, asked me what I like about Ty.  I told Ty I liked his laugh, and his feet because they are like mine, I told him I liked when he said "I'd be happy to" and "Please" and it was a fun conversation.  I asked Ty what he like about me and he said he liked my smile and that I was so cute.  Precious times!

Also he is saying..."Ummm...I have a question for you."  and then I say, What is your question?  And then he says, ummmm...and sometimes he makes no sense, and sometimes he asks a real question.  It is so fun! 

He has also started counting me...like this, "Mom, come outside, come outside, come outside!!!  That's 1....."  Love this boy!

And Libby-she is starting to talk a lot!  Not just cooing...it seems like this weekend she started talking and talking and talking.  It's soooo fun to listen to!

1 comment:

  1. Kinda funny that I am learning about some of these things that happened through our blog... Kareena! I hadn't heard ty was counting you. That is funny!!

    ReplyDelete