Last weekend we said goodbye to the Watkins Family Cabin. The cabin sold. :( It's sad because it was the perfect weekend getaway for when you just needed to get away. I have some really great memories here, and I feel like sharing, although you probably know the stories, I'll put them here for posterity's sake.
The first time I met Chris, he invited me (and all of the other single ladies in our apartment complex) to a bonfire at his grandparents cabin. To make a long story short, I went to the bonfire. And at the end of the night, Chris was giving everyone hugs as they were leaving. As Chris and I went in for the hug, (mind you, the fire it out, it is DARK) I slipped on some uneven ground and my hand landed on his bum. Yup, I'd just met him and I grabbed his bum. And now we are married. :)
Another story-Chris proposed at the cabin at the fireplace. That story is written in detail in the post from Jan 2010. What is neat to me, is that I got to take two bricks that they had taken out of the fireplace and keep them. So, I'll find something great to do with them (bookends, or part of a fireplace of a future home.) so that I can keep that special memory.
Going on a walk down to the Hansen cabin.
Paul and 4 of his 7 siblings who came to say goodbye to the cabin!
Libby taking a snooze on the couch at the cabin...
Kids were having fun as we were loading up the trailer...
Selfie while we were on a hike.
Ty and Sam got into some ashes together...these two buddies were in heaven together up there!
Mock reenactment of our big moment!
My wonderful in-laws! This is the bridge right by the cabin across the stream.
Libby sure loves her grandma!
Marie, Paul, Laurel, Ron, and Denise!
My happy and very dirty boy!
We are going to miss the cabin!!!!








.jpg)
.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment