Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy 4th Anniversary to Us!


Well it's been another week!  Chris, myself, and Libby have gotten sick.  We had to go to the doctor with Libby because she also had an ear infection on top of the illness.  At the doctor we found out that she is back to where she should be as far as weight (no, this girl is not starving, but I have learned how to feed her better with her "issues") and the doctor also showed me the magic of saline solution to help with her nose.  I have been sleeping in Libby's room on an air mattress.  Apparently Chris hasn't missed me...he said he's sleeping great now that he doesn't have to share a bed.  I'm not sleeping great, but I'm grateful to be close to Libby.  The two pics below are of Libby before she got sick.  She is smiling cause right after this she had a major blowout and soiled EVERYTHING-even the bouncy chair had to go into the wash....  UPdate on her surgery:  I met with the doctor, we scheduled surgery, but weren't able to go through with it because the health insurance company still doesn't have her on our policy...that's a LONG story and if I get into it I will be angry, angry, angry...so I won't go into it.  But until we get the insurance figured out, we are just going to have to deal with it.  But now that I have figured out how to feed her...it will be okay.




While Ty was sick, he wanted his daddy to hold him, but Chris was making salsa, so Chris put him in the hiking backpack and Ty was content!  Below are pictures of our 4th anniversary dinner!  We had it at home because we were sick...this sickness has been no fun.  I think Thursday was the worst day of it for me...but we still had a nice dinner!  Chris got us some crab and it was fun to watch Ty play with the claws!  He was having a blast.



Ty has been pretty funny recently...when you tell him something, he says, "huh?" like 12 times.  It's actually sort of frustrating, like he doesn't hear what you say, but he does!  He wants to be outside all of the time and he always asks to see his grandparents.  He also has been saying, "I don't like that." to everything you give him, even the things he likes and he eats it shortly after....goof.


Ty wanted to show me his hat.  He also has been playing with the dirt a lot in the pots on our back porch.


We had my dad over for dinner on Sat night.  It was a blast!  Ty was in heaven having grandpa there.  (My mom is in South Carolina/Georgia with my siblings and their families.)  We had my dad cook us some dutch oven food (I prepared the food and he cooked it.)  I have great memories of cooking in dutch ovens with my dad in our backyard as well as he and I entered a couple of ward dutch oven cook-offs together and we won....:)





And last but not least, this is Ty today after church...he put a chip clip in his hair and was pretty proud.  Sure do love him!

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you still did lots of things even though you were not feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little family is adorable!! I am so behind on my blog, something happens when you have 3 kids-life gets really crazy, so prepare yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete