Monday, March 24, 2014

Croup, Necks, and Bundles

I found I missed posting this cute pic of my sis and Libby last week, so it is how we are starting this post!  Don't I have such a cute sister!?!  And a cute baby :)


So at Libby's 2 month appointment at the beginning of this month, we learned that she dropped 15% in her weight.  My doctor told me to up my milk supply and feed her more.  I didn't think too much of it.  But she has never latched on correctly...so that was that.  Libby's head has been really flat on one side and we've been a little concerned about that.  The doctor was too-Libby has favored one side (she sleeps on that side of her head, looks only in that direction, etc.)  So my doctor showed me some stretches to help her to work on the other side.  We are really working on her neck and trying to stretch and help her turn the other way so that she can move forward developmentally as she should.    

So breastfeeding Libby has been really frustrating and it was just getting worse...she was hardly eating.  I called a volunteer from the La Leche League and she came over that day.  I told her Libby wasn't latching on correctly-that she never had latched on correctly and was not eating well either.  I was embarrassed because I was in tears and I didn't even know this lady!  However, she pointed out that Libby has what is called a "bundle."  Libby's top lip is too tight to latch on and it pulls on this tissue called a bundle-which makes it painful for Libby to breastfeed (which makes sense why I was having sooo many problems!!!!)  So I called my doctor who has referred us to a specialist who will essentially cut and cauterize Libby's upper lip so that she can latch correctly.  We go to our initial appointment tomorrow and hope to have this all taken care of within a week.  In the mean time I am learning to only feed Libby when she is super relaxed, like when she is just about asleep or right when she wakes up and she's more relaxed and will feed better.  I am feeding her as often as she will let me.  Both her tight neck and her tight lip has made the last few weeks a little overwhelming as I try to keep her fed and work on helping her to turn to her left.


We upgraded our Tundra to a Nissan Titan....and we LOVE it.  It is roomy and fun.  Oh, and it was because we couldn't fit the carseats in the Tundra now that we have Libby.  We bought the truck for a great deal (Chris always gets his cars for good deals and usually sells them for the same price or more.  We were talking yesterday and Chris has been through 5 or 6 cars since his mission...selling each one at a profit or the same....which to me is at a profit!  Driving around a car for free.....YES!)  It does have some issues-but they are all cosmetic-so we don't mind. :)



Ty LOVES Sam and Noel and asks to play with them everyday!  Here are some pics Chris took while playing with them on Tuesday.



And then the croup hit the fan...lol.  Ty got pretty sick and Chris took him to an instacare but ended up in the emergency room because they didn't have the tests that we needed.  Ty had a fever of 102 and was struggling to breathe when he coughed.  He also had an ear infection.  He has croup. Thankfully as of today, he is more himself...but that last 4 days have been pretty rough.  He pretty much cried non-stop.  Thankfully I think his ear is doing better and his coughing is doing good-he slept through the night last night!!!!  Below are pics of him chillin on the couch...pooooor kiddo!



 After we were all stuck inside for too many days, Chris took us for a drive in the new truck up Hobblecreek canyon.  Here is a pic of Ty and I in the back seat sporting our shades!



Libby straight out of the bath....sooooo sweet.

Grandpa Sorensen came for Sunday dinner because Grandma S. is in South Carolina helping Shawn's family because they just welcomed their new little girl Alexa to the world last week!  After dinner they went for a drive in the new truck and fed the ducks!  Ty was super excited and had a great time with Grandpa. 




1 comment:

  1. You are in our prayers and hope Ty is better and that Libby's lip and neck issue are resolved soon. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete