So last Thursday we had an RS activity that was wonderful about having more of the spirit in your daily life. I loved it. I was committed to invite the Savior into my life and came home on a high, ready to take on the world! I started to have a super sore throat so I went to bed early(10pm). At 11pm Ty was screaming and started throwing up...(does a 2 year old have any sense or understanding of the word "aim"?) It went most of the night. It was a LONG night. Chris was amazing and stayed with Ty so I could seal off our room and keep Libby bug free and sleep so my sore throat didn't turn into anything more serious. Yes, we are a bit crazy when it comes to germs and keeping Libby healthy during RSV season. But there was much to clean up and I couldn't sleep knowing my little guy was miserable and my hubby wasn't getting any sleep. We all took it easy on Friday cause we were all exhausted. Saturday it was my turn to get the rotten bug. While I'm throwing up all night I'm thinking, "How is Christ a part of this? How do I invite him when I am so miserable? What am I supposed to ask for at this point? I know that a virus has to run it's course. How is He a part of this??????" Then Sunday came and Chris got the bug. And I think Chris, after taking care of all of us, got it the WORST. He was soooo miserable for 24 hours.! As you can imagine, we are all weak, miserable, and trying to survive. Thankfully Libby is healthy. However, what I have learned through this is that HE IS THERE. He has given me the tender mercies along the way to survive. Terie and Morgan did so much for us! Morgan even risked coming up TWICE while we were sick to give blessings even though it was obviously super contagious! They also made us dinner, went shopping for us, and gave us juices and such to keep us hydrated! My mom took Ty for two days so that I could take care of Libby and my super sick husband. And then someone from the ward brought by a a thank you card from the primary and I grabbed the card, told her we were sick and I didn't want her to get it, and said goodbye. She showed up hours later with a rotisserie chicken, a veggie tray and some strawberries. Funny thing was this: Chris had wanted to ask Terie to get a rotisserie chicken when she was shopping, but knew it wouldn't be warm by dinner time, so he didn't ask. Ty wouldn't eat anything, but he would eat strawberries! And I enjoyed it all!!! We just see how even though we had to have the flu, Heavenly Father lightened our burden and made everything bearable. He is there and I am so grateful for the many angels that have blessed our lives this week!
Well since we're feeling better....here are some pics of today!
The weather was cold and rainy this morning, but Ty LOVES the rain, so we put on rain boots and a rain coat over his pajamas and he played out in the rain on the back porch.
Ty has a few new tricks: Crossing his eyes is one of them. And he does it all the time and gets laughs from both of his parents.
He has also found his nostrils! He asked me the other day, "Mom, I've got a bugger, can you get it?" Now I find him playing with his nostrils....
He says prayers all by himself and it is the sweetest thing ever. We love it when it is his turn to pray!
He can sing all the words to both verses of Families Can Be Together Forever and I Love to See the Temple. He'll sing both songs from start to finish all by himself. We LOVE IT.
He isn't eating much right now, because that stomach bug was super painful on the stomach. He's lost weight in the face and when my mom brought him back after two days, he looked so different to me! Ty usually eats a lot, so it's been hard/weird to have him be so picky now.
Today Ty looked at me very serious and said, "How are you doing Mom?" I just looooove how sweet he is. He is our good boy!
Libby lives in this bouncy seat. She sleeps in it and it is wonderful to have a place where she is comfortable and happy. Speaking of happy, she just keeps smiling with her whole self. When she smiles her eyes light up and she is just a ray of sunshine in my day. I sure love her! She has been an angel baby even when we were all sick and she wasn't held much. She is really starting to coo and make noises and it is so fun to be her mom!



I thought of you guys all weekend. So glad Libby escaped the bug! And I absolutely LOVE her smile. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete