Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Gold Plates (Watkins Style)

I feel to remind my readers the purpose of my blog:  Documenting the Watkins Family Life, like our own little set of Gold Plates!  One day I will do the blog into a book so that I don't have to scrap book and if I can keep up, I have fresh memories and can write it all down, right here so we remember what life was like now, what our kiddos were doing, and what it all looked like too!


We do family home evening with Ty every Monday night.  What does FHE consist of for us? We sing a song (usually Book of Mormon Stories) and then we read in the Book of Mormon (the kids version.)  After we read a bit Ty likes to look through the book and find Jesus.  Then we sing Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam with LOTS of BEAM!  After that we do Ring Around the Rosies as our activity and we're done.  Ty knows the routine and loves when it is time for family home evening! 


Since having Libby I have gone grocery shopping at Wal-Mart with Ty in the early morning while Chris and Libby are still sleeping.  The other morning it was REALLY COLD...so I got Ty all bundled with his hat on and he wanted to wear his sunglasses.  He wore his sunglasses through Wal-mart and so many people smiled at him and he loved the attention.


My little sweet Libby.


This picture is of Liberty on Feb 7 - one month old!


We went to the pet store with Ty.  He sure loves all of the snakes, fish, lizards, frogs, mice, etc......


This is what happens when you're married to a somewhat overzealous health nut...lol.  Okay, I'm not too crazy, but we needed a quick dinner so I thought that german pancakes would be perfect.  However, we needed some vegetables..but what veggie goes well with syrupy sweet german pancakes?  Well, none really.  That's when I decided to take a leap into the dark and puree fresh spinach into our german pancakes.  Well it was solid, deep green.  It didn't taste too terrible but I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.


The first pic of Libby and I together since the hospital (I'm always the one behind the camera!)


So I made sugar cookies for Valentines day and I was excited to give one to Ty to decorate with frosting.  It went like this:
Hand Ty the cookie
Get some frosting ready for him
Ty already had half of the cookie gone by the time he was given frosting
Ty put a little bit of frosting on his cookie
Then Ty ate the frosting with his knife and fingers


I forgot to post this picture earlier, but when Libby came home from the hospital and my mom was staying with us, she gave Ty a haircut.  My mom always gave all of our family their haircuts, including my grandma and her sister.  I attempted in the first year of our marriage to cut Chris's hair, but I would get so frustrated and emotional, that I decided it was better for both of us for him to go spend a few bucks and get his hair cut.

1 comment:

  1. I love your family blog! It is so fun to hear about you and your family and still feel connected to your life. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete