The first few weeks were quite the adjustment for Ty. He cried and whined non-stop. However, by week 3, he has been back to his happy 2-year old self. He is always asking to "See Yibby."
Things we've noticed about Liberty:
She has been kissed by her daddy twice: This means she has Chris's TWO crowns on the back of her head! They make her have a permanent mow hawk, which is pretty dang cute.
She has LONG fingers...assuming that is a Watkins thing cause it doesn't come from me!
She has Watkins feet-Ty got my feet(Including the HARDY ski-jump big toenail...sorry buddy!) but Libby does not! The only thing I can compare them to is Terie, and she definitely has Terie's feet.
Libby is not tongue-tied like Ty was. Not even close.
I think she has my lip shape.
She has smiled at me daily since coming home from the hospital, and it's not gas! She responds to me and I LOVE it!
I think she has Chris's ears and I think she will also have BLUE eyes...which I totally thought she would have brown...I mean, isn't she supposed to be a mini-me? But truthfully, I'm WAY excited for blue eyes..I always wanted blue eyes!
She has the Sorensen dimple in her chin-I have it, but it is definitely more pronounced on my dad and my brother Travis.
She has had such a peaceful, sweet disposition!
At her two-week appointment she had already gained a pound (I think in her cheeks..lol) and had grown 1.75 inches! She will be a month old on Tuesday and I'm betting she's gained more and continues to grow taller!
Mikey working his magic!
1 week old
I put salt in a cookie sheet and let ty comb through it and run toys through it. I needed him to be occupied so I could function. :) It worked. My floor was covered in SALT. But he was happy, so I was too.
Ty loves to hold Libby!
Last Saturday (Jan 25) I took Libby and spent some time at my parents house for a little R&R (thank you Chris for taking Ty for a whole day!) Libby's cousin Grayson stopped by with Travis and we took a few pics!
Lucky Grandma to have both newborns!
Ty with the fish he and daddy caught at Salem Ponds.
Libby 1/27/14 So happy!
Ty rolled up in one of his blankets. I had just gotten him out of the bathtub and Libby was crying in the other room so I got his diaper on him and wrapped him up in a little burrito so I could take care of Libby and he was entertained by being snug in a blanket.
Libby really doesn't mind baths at all. She just sits there all wobbly and lets you pour warm water on her. She mostly does not enjoy getting dressed afterwards. But during the bath, she's happy.
The two pics above are of Liberty today! Her cheeks and double chin keep getting bigger and there is a darling roll developing on her thighs. She just keeps getting cuter! Oh yeah, and I finally got a good smile on camera!














No comments:
Post a Comment