Sunday, April 7, 2013

EASTER aka FEASTER

Easter was awesome this year.  We combined our Easter egg hunt with Sam and Noel's.  Ty and Chris searched for eggs together while I hovered around so I could take pictures.  It's so fun as a parent to watch your kid be excited.  We filled Ty's Easter eggs with goldfish and fruit loops - two things he doesn't usually eat but would be considered a special treat - because he only has so many teeth and candy just didn't seem like a good idea.  He LOVED his eggs and just wanted to eat the treats!  I don't blame him...






I lined up some of the fruit loops so Ty could get them and it was just super fun to watch!


After our huge Easter feast (FEAST-ER) with the Young's (It was so amazing - thanks to Terie and Morgan!) the kiddos were all looking out the front window...so cute! I wish I would have taken more pics of the feast...sorry.


After dinner Ty had this bucket on his head and was running around and hitting into things.  I don't understand it, but he loves to have his eyes covered and then run/walk.  Silly boy.

We're so grateful for the Easter and what it means to us!  We've been studying about the resurrection trying to understand why this is the GREATEST blessing given to us (I always thought it was the atonement) but I'm learning that we cannot become like our Heavenly Father just through the atonement, we need to be resurrected beings as well - sort of the crown jewel of the gifts that we are blessed with as we continue faithful in this life, it will help us to be like our Heavenly Father.  Reading the account of the resurrection in the New Testament has been great.  I wonder what it would be like if I was there!?!  How would I feel?  I try to think that way so that it becomes a REALITY in my life, not just an idea, because Jesus lives! It's true and it should influence us while we are here in mortality.  I hope you don't mind me sharing my Easter thoughts.  I've just wanted to make Easter meaningful for my family and I know that having a testimony of it is important.  When we make and effort to understand it, our celebration of this event is that much sweeter.   Happy Easter!



Easter Feast!!!



Our happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment