I just needed to put a note in here about the cabin. The first time I met Chris, was at the Watkins family cabin. Chris proposed at the cabin. Chris and I have spent a few nights at the cabin this summer together with friends, and some nights just the two of us. We've gone up there on nice days summer days to see what the fish were biting on (I helped Chris find worms..I could pick them up, but never hook them...ew!) and enjoy some chips and salsa outside on lawn chairs. Yesterday we went to the cabin because we needed a break from everything here and to reminisce about what happened at the cabin a year ago (Chris proposing.) We got up there and the snow was at least 3 feet deep. We went sledding down the road and had a ton of fun trying to actually get to the creek through all of that snow. We crawled through the snow to get into the cabin and went inside for a moment just to stand in the spot where Chris proposed a year ago. What great memories we have! We are so grateful for the cabin! It's such a wonderful break from the world. I always come back feeling rejuvenated. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Watkins for creating a wonderful place for us to enjoy!
*Sorry, there are non pictures in this post. We forgot our cameras.....but we have great memories!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment