This week has been a pleasant one. I pretty much worked and slept all week. I worked over 50 hours. It feels good to work so much so that I can gear up for a summer of hard work and school. I will be taking three classes this summer. For spring, I will be taking Economics at the Salt Lake Center of BYU. I will take the class monday and wednesday nights. I will leave work early on these days and head straight to Salt Lake. I will need to really focus and buckle down becuase I have to get at least an A-. This will require a lot of hard work and I will most likely hire a tutor. After half the summer, I will be taking Accounting and Book of Mormon. The accounting class at BYU is very reputable from what I have been told so I am excited to take the class. I need A's in these classes as well. If I can get three A's. If I can acheive this, I will most likely get into the Marriott school by the Winter Semester 2010. Gratefully, I will be working until then as well as going to school.
Dad came into town on Friday night. We enjoyed some good conversation regarding investments and future plans and such over some great soup and salad and chicken and beef. Then Saturday morning on my way to work I stopped at Dad's Hotel to share some breakfast with him. After 3 hours of work I came back and we went to a Chinese Buffet. After the afternoon session of General Conference Dad, Greg, Devin, and I travelled to the Priesthood session at the conference center. What a great experience is it to be in the presence of the prophet and such outstanding men that have proven successful in all walks of life. They had an art exhibit in the conference center. Before the session I took the opportunity to look at all of the creative art. My favorite picture was a fantastic portrayal of a girl looking to the heavens as white rose petals were falling down on her and as they hit her they turned red representing the atonement in action in her. It was such a beautiful picture. After the Priesthood session we stopped in Sandy at TGI Fridays to enjoy ribs, salmon, beef and other delicious foods and desserts. Saturday was the first day in a very long time that I was stuffed to the brim after eating all three meals.
Today I have just been relaxing and enjoying the messages of conference. I love the talks about the importance of the temple and have recommitted to consistent temple worship rather than just temple attendance. Elder Bednar taught the difference between the two. This evening I will pick up Dad and head to his boss's home for a home cooked meal. It has been great to visit with him and suck all the knowledge and experience out of him that I can. I will take him to Aspen Grove early tomorrow morning before work. What a great weekend.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment