Last Sunday evening I went with Dad to his Area Directors dinner. There were area directors from SOuth Africa, Nigeria, Russia, Germany, and other places all in the same room. I loved to observe all fo the cultures and how they interacted. It was really interesting to see the man from South Africa get offended by some of the questions that seemed simple and impersonal. I was surprised to realized that the world is so different everywhere. For example, they tried to ask the man from South Africa what language is the dominant language there and he got all upset. He says that you are not suppose to ask that and explain the culture barriers and the differing views even within the county on their dominant language. I never even imagined the country was so culturally different. It was a great eye opening experience. They also all went around and shared where their families where converted to the church and the stories behind it. What a fascinating experience to see these men discuss their family histories as they were in every continent in the world pretty much.
Last night for our Easter celebration we bought 2 dozen eggs and died them. I tried to hollow out an egg like we used to do in the old days when we were kids. I poked too small of a whole the firt little while. I few minutes later and out of breathe, I poked a bigger whole and blew everything out of it. It turned out to be a nice egg with no cracks. We also played dominoes and other fun games. It was a relaxing weekend. Especially because I was able to sleep in and I didn't work or donate plasma. I have a cold again, that prevents me from donating. And the last few times I have had bad experiences donating. For some reason my whole hand goes numb when I donate. After 1 hour of squeezing a stress ball I can't feel my hand. I am not sure how good of a sign that really is.
I have officially signed up for classes next fall. I am signed up for the next level of Accounting, Information Systems, Intro to teaching Seminary, and advanced volleyball hopefully. We will see how this all ends up. I am not sure how I will do work and school especially with these difficult classes. I am hoping that things will either get much better with work or much worse, that way I will at least be able to decide what to do for the Fall. That is pretty much all that happened iwth my week this week.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment