Sunday, January 22, 2017

January

January has been cold and snowy!  Which I am totally okay with because I just get to stay inside and enjoy the snowy view.  Poor Chris has to shovel are steep, long, and curvy driveway...so I don't think he enjoys the snow as much as I do.


One COLD day Ty got a hint of frostbite on his cheeks...pic doesn't do it justice, but it was sad!


SELFIE TY


Tates first bath!






Ty  has been doing really great reading his Bob books.  It's exciting to see him start to read.






Ty wanted to shovel the snow in our backyard.





Libby turned THREE!  We have heard "My birthday is after Christmas." and "My birthday is January SevenTH" a lot!


We sure love our Liberty.  She still says some things I can't correct because I LOVE it so much...like "bumana" and "back-a-a-yard."  She wants to do everything herself.  She's still napping most afternoons.  She is spunky and hilarious.  She loves to twirl and dance.  She also loves to play anything her brother is playing.   And she's got her daddy wrapped around her finger.  She is a super messy eater and loves to feel the textures of her food...mashed in her hands.  She always manages to drop whatever eating utensil she is using onto the floor at least once a meal.  She makes us laugh every day. 





To me Tate looks like my Dad in these pics!



My Aunt Susie came and spent a Saturday morning taking pics of Tate.  I'll post them once they are edited.




Libby got playdough tools for her birthday and the kids have been having a blast.



Tate and I spent a lot of time sitting next to our gas fireplace in my bedroom this week.  So our boiler stopped working Tuesday night. I went to take a shower after the kids were down and there was no hot water.  Chris spent that evening on the phone with a technician trying to get help. It was no use!   


Wednesday 3 people were scheduled to come fix the boiler but they all cancelled.  It was cold and stressful.  The fireplaces put off some heat, but not enough for our airy, high-ceiling house!  


On Thursday when the technician couldn't figure out the problem I couldn't handle it anymore!  I was tired of walking around in a coat and not feeling like I could do anything (function-shower, do dishes, be warm in my house!)



So we headed to Grandma's Thursday afternoon for naps and baths.  



And then we stayed the night!  Because I wasn't going to spend 3 nights in a cold house....So Tate slept in a laundry basket Thursday night next to my bed.


We were grateful that Grandma would take us in.  And it was so nice to be WARM!  Friday morning Chris called me and said HE had fixed the boiler!  I was so grateful because the technician on Thursday was useless!  So we came home Friday afternoon to our home and it was so nice!



Saturday it snowed A WHOLE FOOT!


We enjoyed some time outside sledding, shoveling, and making snow men!






Chris always likes to make snow ice cream with the kids!



For the Beauty of the Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment