So this picture is not a happy one...but it represents a victory we've had with our kids, so I feel like sharing. The kids have been having a hard time staying in their chairs during dinner. So I devised a plan and it worked! We put 5 chocolate chips next to them and if they left their chair, we would take one and eat it. They caught on really quick - this is a pic after they lost a chocolate chip. Whatever remains after they finish their food, they get to eat. Then we brought it down to three chocolate chips...and now I only do it if it's needed. The biggest change has been in Libby-she's eating her food like a champ. Ah.....parenting...it can be fun:)
Libby has turned into a dancing princess. She is often found with a skirt on asking to dance to Moana. It's pretty precious.
We had a lot of snow the end of January!
So much snow-they brought in this crazy big tractor to clear out our culdesac.
Libby reading to Tate while I nursed him.
I love after the bath pictures! I also love how fresh and clean he smells:)
Libby got this princess bed that zips for her toddler bed from my parents for her birthday. We were hoping it would keep her blankets on at night-but she unzips it and pulls it off...ah!
Libby and I had a girls night while Ty and Daddy went to the BYU Basketball game!
Ty enjoyed the basketball game, but was more concerned with getting a treat. He had some carmel popcorn and was pretty happy about it.
Me and my sweet boy.
I LOVE SUNDAY PICTURES!
Tate has lost some hair on top....cradle cap is so annoying!
Tate's tummy time helpers.
Ahhhh...the frozen tundra of Payson. It was super cold one morning and it just was beautiful...and chilly!
Can I get a hallelujah?
Chris took Libby to the circus. She got some popcorn and didn't want to share.
Pretty, pretty, princess!
We love Sundays!
He's finally smiling!
Lately Ty will peel a whole carrot and walk around eating it. It's funny and I love it!
I love pics when their are just in their diapers.
Libby was shooting deer. At one point she says, "Yummy deer meat!" She hasn't heard that from me....I don't like deer meat.
Even diaper changes have helpers!
Libby, Tate, and myself went to Salem ponds one a nice day during Ty's music class. We are looking forward to spring!
I love that they go on exploring adventures!
Holding Tate is a dream for this little sweetie!
Libby got a little doggy that barks and moves from her Grandma and Grandpa Watkins for her birthday. She has named the dog Tate. She sits under her favorite blankey, pulls up her shirt, and "nurses" Tate. It's hilarious!
OK-another funny one. More than once while eating at the table, she'll pull up her shirt and show us her nipples and point to them and say, "See my shoulders? They are going to get big like yours and make milk!" I love that she calls them her "shoulders."
They went on a hike with Daddy one Saturday morning. You can see the Payson temple to the left of Ty's shoulder if you look close!
My Sunday Valentines Cuties
They are mimicking the "Tate Face" cause Tate most usually has his brows furled.
So I needed a napkin holder and Tate and Daddy made this for me out of Kinex. It's awesome and I love it!
My little Valentine
We made Valentines sugar cookies! (It's tradition!)
So I've been LOVING having a wrap carrier with Tate while he is so small. It allows me to be hands free and he's so happy wrapped in close to Mommy.
The mud adventures! Last week the weather was nice and everything was muddy-including my kids. They were having a blast making mud pancakes and other delicacies. I love that they can play and get dirty.
So one day they were gathering water from the pond (The pond did have ice on it that morning) and Libby fell in and went completely under! She was SOAKED and freezing and I'm just glad she's safe. She also stunk like the nasty pond water, so she went straight to the shower!
Family hike to the water tower behind our house!
These two are good buds. As we were driving home from the duplex last week, Libby was the first to spot the temple. We always play that game when getting off of the freeway to our house. Then she says, "I'm gonna get married in that temple!" Ty then says, "You have to marry someone Libby! You'll have to marry me Libby." Libby says, "No, I'm going to marry Daddy in the temple!!!" As a parent, this conversation made me smile!
Tate had to be a brave boy yesterday. Tate has really struggle with nursing from day one. I asked every pediatrician that had seen him(3) if he was tongue tied and they said no, and I asked about the lip tie too, and they acted like Tate was fine. Well Tate hasn't been fine and nursing has been pretty rough. So I finally went to a lactation center to look for help. The lactation consultant said she was pretty sure he was tongue tied and his lip was pretty tight. So I went to a pediatric dentist yesterday and it was confirmed that he is tongue and lip tied....(Ty was tongue tied, Libby was lip tied...and Tate wanted to outdo them both!) So we had to do something.
I cried through the whole thing, but they used a special laser thingy and removed the ties....now we have two weeks of recovery, exercises, and hopefully he'll learn how to nurse correctly. He currently is still nursing poorly because he doesn't know how to use his tongue, but hopefully we will figure it out soon.
Libby was cracking us all up today. It was SUPER windy here in Payson and she had the BBQ cover and was hiding in it and holding it in the wind-it almost knocked her over a few times! She is such a fun little lady.
No comments:
Post a Comment