The two biggest things from this week were Chris's eye surgery and snow! I'll give more details under the pics....
Mommy's little hero!
A few Ty-isms/things he has been saying lately.
"Libby, when you get bigger you can shoot elk!"
"Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout."
"I sure can!"
"Libby's the babes."
"How can I help?"
We were reading in the Friend the other day and I always show Ty on my US map where each of the kids that shares lives...but yesterday morning there was a girl from Puerto Rico. I told Ty I couldn't show him where Puerto Rico was and he said, "But Mom, I want to see where Pocalido is!" I just loved the whole, Pocalido thing! Cracked me up.
Libby has been saying, "WOW!" and "Hi!" a lot these days. She got a hold of my phone and called Gma Watkins and just kept saying hi and giggling excitedly. This girl makes me smile so much!
Ty and Libby play together a lot. I pushed them together in the basket for a while and then Ty pushed Libby in the basket for a while....he did really good.
One of their favorite activities is jumping on Ty's bed while they hang on to the head board.
I went to bed Monday night and told Chris that I would not get out of bed in the morning unless there was snow on the ground. The forecast had said there would be at least an inch and I was excited! Ty woke me up at 6:30 and there was no snow. I was so bummed! So I got out of bed regardless of the snowless ground and grumbled around all morning. There was no sign of snow. Then...at like 10am it BLEW in....big flakes and a ton! I was as excited as a little kid and Ty and I made a little snowman on the porch and then later we played outside with Sam and Noel.
I taught Ty how to peel carrots and cucumbers the other day. The kid was so happy! He did a great job too. I can tell that he will be a good helper for his momma when he gets older!
I printed out sheet with all of the upper case alphabet on it and Ty has been matching the magnetic alphabet to it! Makes me happy.
Ty has been having a lot of fun with his play dough. Which is wonderful for me! He wanted me to take a picture of him with the pot on his head. (Okay all you Sorensen humorists...my child is NOT a pot head.)
EYE SURGERY....SUCKS. This is a pic of Chris on his way out of surgery. It was a rough day. He got there at 1:30 and didn't leave until 5:30. We were blessed to have Terie watching our kids for half of it - I was able to be there to pick him up. Surgery went longer than planned, but I guess we should have expected that. Chris did great. Recovery, not so fun. He's been miserable the last 3 days, but the day after surgery he did pretty great....below is a pic of him watching the TV up close. His eyes are pretty blurry, but at least he was entertained for a bit!
Yesterday Libby, Ty and I went with Gma and Gpa Sorensen for a drive up Wallsburg to an art studio where my Aunt paints murals for the temples. I couldn't take any pics inside, (but I did get a pic of this rockstar on the drive) but I got to see the murals for the Baton Rouge Temple. They were even still wet! They have been finished and they start on the Pittsburg Temple murals on Monday. How cool is that?
This is where I live. The sun was just starting to set and the sky was so blue and the mountains were so clear....it was gorgeous!













No comments:
Post a Comment