Saturday, December 6, 2014

December

December is here!  Our tree is up, Chris put lights up on the house today, and the Christmas countdown is on!  However, the weather has been awesomely warm for Utah, so we've enjoyed some great weather.  Which has been good, because we are trying to exercise outside, and doing that in the winter in Utah can be challenging!

The next two pics are of our date last night, (1) before ice skating and (2) during ice skating. I practically had to BEG Chris to take me ice skating for our date - the first picture really puts his feelings right out there.  However, he conceded and we went to the Midway ice rink (Provo Peaks arena had some BYU thing going on.)  Ice skating brings back TONS of memories for me!  I don't think I realized it until I was on the drive to Midway.  I went ice skating as a child on Utah Lake with the Wayman family who lived in our ward, I've been to 7 peaks (before the Peaks arena was built) and skated on the lazy river with my family, as well as the new peaks arena as a family date night and with my dad's singles ward and on plenty of dates there too.  I've been up to SLC and gone to the Galivan center's ice rink (which may be my favorite...not too many people and pretty lit trees.)  However, I had never been to the Midway ice rink and it was fun to create this memory with Chris.  We got on the ice and realized, it had been a while.  And then we looked around and everybody was Jr. High and High School aged, and trying WAY too hard...lol.  It was just funny to be so "old."  Neither of us fell, we had a good time (at least the first 20 min...) and we think we'll do it again sometime in the future.





We had our ward Christmas "brupper" (breakfast for supper) pajama party tonight.  We dressed the entire family in footie pajamas and it was a great night.  Chris and Morgan along with two other guys from our ward sang "We Three Kings" in the program and it was AMAZING.  I didn't get a picture of them because I was videoing but they were awesome! 

Below is a picture of our bishopric.  I had to take a pic because they were HILARIOUS!  They sang wearing something that looked like their wife's Christmas sweater.    The other thing I wanted to take a picture of but was too busy with kids was the primary's nativity.  It was sooooo cute.  I really felt the spirit at this Christmas party.  


Libby is so funny with her food....it gets EVERYWHERE!!!


Ty and I did a fun winter craft.  He made a snowman....it was so fun!


We went on a walk to the park with Sam and Noel and it was so great!




Libby LOVED the swings.  She giggled the whole time.  It was awesome. This week she is saying hi and daddy.  It is so fun.


Ty asks me every morning if it is Christmas and if we can go to California.  It is so fun to have his excitement.  I am liking the holidays even more with little kids.  I think that Christmas may soon be my favorite holiday (Thanksgiving has been my favorite for a long time) because of Ty's excitement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment