Monday, December 15, 2014

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

Life here is great.  We are just looking forward to Christmas coming!  Ty pretty much asks me everyday if it is Christmas yet.  


This little angel is so much fun.  She is really getting the M sound when she is saying more.  She loves to get your attention and give you a big cheesy smile.  She also LOVES wrestling with Daddy.  When she know Daddy is coming to play, she'll hurry and lay on the floor so he can get her.  It is darling.  



I know this picture is dark, but it's a fun memory I want to be able to look back on. Usually in the mornings after I nurse Libby, I'll go to burp her, but she turns herself around in my arms and lays her head back on my should and we rock.  I just looooove those little moments where she'll snuggle me in her way. 


This morning Chris left the mancave for a business lunch and so we took it over and watched Dr. Suess's short little Grinch cartoon.  The kids always get so excited to be together and especially in the mancave!  So we brought down some popcorn and had a blast.


Libby had a blast too! Silly girl!


So the Watkin's family has a tradition that Elvis the elf starts coming 12 days before Christmas.  The way that Elvis leaves you a surprise, is if you leave your shoes outside of your door at night, in the morning there is something fun in your shoe!  Dena and Paul invented this years ago when they had little ones, and as you can imagine Ty LOVES it.  I had to tell him to go back to bed the first two mornings because he got up so early.  The funny thing about this, is that Ty can't remember Elvis's name.  So he'll say, "What's he called again?" just in random conversation, but I know he is referring to Elvis.  It's cute.  His little toys/surprises stay with him all day, if I let him.  The helicopter never left his hand all day, then we gave him a new toothbrush, and well..if I would have let him carry it around, he would have.  Today he got a tiny boat, which made him totally eager to take a bath (yay!)


We had a good snow on Sunday.  It actually feels like December in Utah now!  Me and the Libby bug right after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment