Monday, September 30, 2013

Cali Trip

We came to California on Wednesday!  We left Utah at 12:07pm....I did everything in my power to have us leave at 12:00 on the dot...so I was pleased with our departure time.  For the first time in a long time, the laundry was done and folded before we packed and the house was passably clean.  I was prepared!  This was the only week we could come to Cali before hunting season started and after the primary program (which went great!)

So we headed off and Ty did great.  We borrowed toys from grandma (so they were "new" toys and he wouldn't be familiar with them) and he played with them on the drive for four hours!  It was fantastic.  Then we had borrowed the Young's portable DVD player, and that was on and off for the next few hours.  We made the trip in 11 1/2 hours.  We might have been even quicker had I not had to take a potty stop every two hours (ah the joys of pregnancy...) and deal with construction zone after construction zone, and lest we forget the crazy snow storm on our way up the Sierra Nevadas...(Really?  Its not even October yet!?!)


Here is what we have done so far:

Chris, Mike, and Dena played volleyball together Friday morning.  

Chris and Ty hit the hot tub on Thursday after volleyball and Ty LOVED it.  He isn't afraid of the water and would jump off the seats into Chris's arms.  He was in heaven. 


Grandma helped Ty out of the hot tub. :)  They are good buds.  He calls Grandma Watkins "Gramma" while he calls my mom "Manga."  He just made the distinction on this trip.  Ty sure has been spoiled by Gramma!


Dena, Ty, and I went to Michela's horse show on Friday.  We got to watch her do 3 jumping events.  I was a little embarrassed because I started crying after Michela's first event.  First-I know I can blame it on the pregnancy, thank heavens.  BUT the truth is I was touched by what I experienced.  Michela has a HUGE horse, who is gentle, graceful, and follows Michela's lead.  She was jumping her horse and it was amazing to see them.  What was so touching was to experience was Bora's love for Michela.  At each jump Bora had only words of encouragement for Michela and her horse Tyson.  I could just feel how loved Michela was, and it was awesome.  She is one blessed girl.

 Michela and Tyson
 Ty, Tyson, and Michela :)

The horse was great with Ty! Grandma made sure that Ty was safe!

Chris and his 25 LB Salmon....that he couldn't keep. :(  However they brought home plenty of steel head!

Chris had gotten up rather early on Friday and left at 5:30am with Paul and they headed with their friend Ken Fox to the Feather River.  These pictures are from their fishing trip.  They didn't get home until 10:30 pm but came with some yummy steel head!

Chris and Paul in Fisherman's Heaven!!!

My happy man and his fun catch.  Paul made a comment yesterday that made me laugh.  There are fishermen, and then there are "Catchermen."  Catchermen=those who catch fish, not just fish for them.  He said Ken Fox is not a fisherman, but a catcherman...that made me laugh.


Ty has gone on a couple of walks with Grandpa and LOVED IT.


Apple Hill with the McCanns and the Lundgrens.  SO FUN to see everyone and their families.  Can't help but mention that the Apple Donuts are wonderful here....

I also was able to go to the RS Broadcast with Dena and we went to dinner with Brandon and Cameron at this wonderful Chinese place here in Cameron Park.  Yum!  Great friends, great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment