We decided to take our Labor Day holiday a few days after Labor Day to avoid the busyness...so we went to Payson Lakes on Thursday/Friday! What a trip!
Ty and Daddy in the trailer!
We(I) forgot a can opener...so a little muscle(Chris) and a knife got our can open!
Ty going up the path to our picnic table...he did this like a hundred times, back and forth!
Taco Salad!
Once we got done with dinner, (like literally, our last bite!) it started pouring, and not only that, LIGHTNING ALL AROUND US! We decided to take a drive in the truck since Ty gets a little stir crazy in the trailer. We had a lot of fun. And we heard a lot of thunder, which Ty LOVES. So all in all, cool weather!
The beautiful sunset while Chris was working on starting our wet-wood fire. Which he did(start a fire) expertly multiple times because his little helper would throw something into the fire and ruin all his progress....
Smores and then bedtime. Which I woke up at 2am because there is a little baby dancing on my bladder. And then I HEARD SOMETHING BIG walking through our camp. This is BEAR COUNTRY so I was honestly TERRIFIED...normally, in a trailer I wouldn't be too afraid, right? Well our trailer door doesn't exactly latch/close (you get what you pay for...) and so I was SO SCARED...what if the bear wanted to come into our trailer? (I've read way too many bear attack stories.) I woke Chris up and we listened and waited, and listened and waited. We had the plan if the bear opened the door I shine the big mag light in it's eyes and Chris would pump it full of lead. Done. It took me a while to fall back asleep...flashlight in hand. In the morning, we checked the tracks. It was a large moose, not a bear that was walking through our camp....sigh of relief......
We didn't let our late night ruin our morning muddy fishing trip!
Chris caught some fish!
Buddies...
We got home from Payson Lakes and Ty just wanted to run around...like this. He LOVES his rainboots that were given to him by a friend in the ward. Wants to wear them all of the time. They would have been extremely helpful when we were camping....
Sounds like fun mixed with adventure. Love all your pics.
ReplyDeleteI love Chris's T-shirt that says "I love my boss." I just had to laugh when I saw it. I'm glad that you didn't have a bear wandering around your camp and feel bad that you never got to go to the bathroom. Thanks for the update!
ReplyDelete