Who would have thought these big boys were up there on the mountain in Springville. Its at least 1000 yards to the top where I took the pictures of these bad boys. You can barely see the spot of an elk with the naked eye. I have been checking them out with my binoculars but was curious what they looked like under something more powerful. I borrowed a spotting scope for Kareena's Dad (Thanks Lon!) and found out I could take pictures through it. This is what we are seeing. Sorry its a little blurry. By the way, I counted over 40 cow elk and more than 16 Mature Bull elk (in separate herds).
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
What We've Been Watching From our Front Window
Who would have thought these big boys were up there on the mountain in Springville. Its at least 1000 yards to the top where I took the pictures of these bad boys. You can barely see the spot of an elk with the naked eye. I have been checking them out with my binoculars but was curious what they looked like under something more powerful. I borrowed a spotting scope for Kareena's Dad (Thanks Lon!) and found out I could take pictures through it. This is what we are seeing. Sorry its a little blurry. By the way, I counted over 40 cow elk and more than 16 Mature Bull elk (in separate herds).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm amazed you caught such a good glimpse of them. We went up SF Canyon Sunday and I figure we passed over 40 deer...Couldn't tell if there were elk in there but such an amazing sight!
ReplyDelete