If you haven't read the post Kareena wrote below called "
What Has Changed Since I Got Married", read it now. What is most funny about the post is the concept behind those changes that she has made within the past 10 months. When Kareena and I were just friends we often had discussions about how different we were. I remember one day we were throwing the football in the BYU stadium parking lot and I was asking her questions. I enjoyed asking her questions because she was soo different than me. I asked her questions like:
- Do you like pets?
- Are you going to have pets?
- What if your husband wants to have pets and your son wants a snake? Will you let him buy a snake?
I remember going out to lunch one day with her at an indian food place before we were dating and saying, "Kareena, it would never work out between us because we are so different." She asked why and I had a million reasons including:
- You don't like beef (for those who know me you know I LOVE beef)
- You don't eat salt, or bread, or milk, or candy, etc...
I don't remember all that was said but I just remember thinking we were so different. I remember talking with my roommate Devin about how we were different and all the reasons it wouldn't work between us. Even when we discussed the idea of dating we agreed, "We doubt it will turn out but let's try it out for a week." I don't remember that week ever ending...
Well, enough of why I thought it wouldn't work. There were bigger plans in the making...
I am now married to the most wonderful wife in the world. We are perfect for each other and well balanced in everything. She is wonderful not because she now eats beef, skins deer and elk, guts fish, and even eats candy every once in a while (although these new habits sure do make me smile), but because our differences make us the perfect team!
Needless to say, we love marriage.
You guys are soooooo perfect for each other. Thanks for making each other happy and being such great examples. I love your posts. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete