I have enjoyed a week of relaxation and fulfillment. I spent much of my week working and going to school, however, I also took time to enjoy the amazing weather.
I decided to withdraw from one of my classes. The class History of Creativity was an interesting class, however, the demands placed upon me for that class were a little overwhelming. It would have affected my GPA too much right now. My GPA is very important at this time as I recently submitted my application to the Marriott School of Business. Whatever I get in these classes I am taking right now could greatly affect my acceptance to the school so I must be careful.
It is such a blessing to have work at this time in the state of the economy. I see all around me the affects of not having a job. Although I do admit that if I were not to have a job I would get into school hard core and would graduate much quicker. But I feel that with the struggling economy and lack of opportunity it is best for me to wait it out by working part time and taking as many classes as I can fit into my schedule. Our company is cutting its costs a little and a few people have been laid off. Hearing of this makes me so grateful that I have a job in the first place. I just received approval to work for home if I need to. I am not putting in enough hours at work to complete all of my assignments so I requested the ability to do some of it from home. Once again, I am so blessed to have the flexibility I have in my position with Junk House Riches LLC.
I arranged my schedule so that I could take Friday afternoon to fish up the canyon. I left work at 2:30pm and headed up the Provo River for some fishing adventures. I had read online that November is an amazing time of year to fish for Brown Trout because it is their spawning season. Supposedly, the trout are very territorial at this time of year and they will attack anything that comes near them. I decided to try that out on the Provo River right below the Deer Creek Reservoir Dam. After about 45 minutes of less than successful fishing, and because I only brought my bait pole, I decided to try out Deer Creek Reservoir. During the summer months I always would see a group of Mexicans sitting on the bridge over the river entrance to the Reservoir. I went up to try that spot out. All I had was lures and power bait. I decided to try out Power Bait. I decided to try out this whole that was right next to the shore. It was odd casting about 5 feet into a hole in front of me. I felt kind of funny fishing so close to the shore. But sure enough, not 2 minutes later, I caught a small 10" rainbow trout. I re-baited the hook and tried the same spot again and again I caught a beautiful brown trout with bright red spawning colors. As I was fishing I noticed a patch of moss and weeds where it looked as though fishing were spawning under. I had read the fish would sit below those spawning beds to eat the wandering eggs. I baited up a pinkish colored bead of power-bait that in my mind appeared like an egg and cast directly below the bed. Immediately I caught a nicer 12" rainbow trout and repeated this process over and over and over again. What a fun day of fishing it was. I caught soo many fish. Unfortunately, they were all undersized for eating (10"-13"). But it was a great fishing afternoon. I then rushed home for a inter-mural basketball game.
I watched a great movie on Friday night called "The Scarlet Pimpernel." What a fantastic movie that was!! It was sooo fun to watch. I highly recommend the movie to everyone. I also made an Argentine Asado last night which turned out quite nicely. As you can see, my week was a good one!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment