Friday afternoon I went fishing again up the canyon this time we tried out the Provo river and then Deer Creek Reservoir itself. I caught a nice rainbow trout on the Provo. Right now the fish are in their spawning colors and they are sweet looking. It was about 33 degrees Fahrenheit and the wind was blowing so we were freezing our behinds off. At Deer Creek Reservoir we were out of the wind and Lucas had a few huge fish on but they got away. It was a little cold for my taste fishing in late November but it is worth it when you have a fish on the line.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Fishing in the dark...i mean in the freezing cold!
Yes, I went fishing a few times this week. Monday I went up to junction of deer creek reservoir and the Provo river. We caught some nice fish. One fish we kept was about 16" long. A nice rainbow trout which we marinated in Italian dressing and barbecued on Wednesday or Thursday night (cant remember). The weather was good that fishing trip. In the pictures below is Rani a good friend from my ward. These were her first two fish ever.
Friday afternoon I went fishing again up the canyon this time we tried out the Provo river and then Deer Creek Reservoir itself. I caught a nice rainbow trout on the Provo. Right now the fish are in their spawning colors and they are sweet looking. It was about 33 degrees Fahrenheit and the wind was blowing so we were freezing our behinds off. At Deer Creek Reservoir we were out of the wind and Lucas had a few huge fish on but they got away. It was a little cold for my taste fishing in late November but it is worth it when you have a fish on the line.
There were these nice big brown trout sitting right out in that patch of weeds and I was trying to lure them in. It was unsuccessful as they were a little busy with their mating dance....haha

The last catch of the day. It was good eating.
Rani's first fish ever.
Friday afternoon I went fishing again up the canyon this time we tried out the Provo river and then Deer Creek Reservoir itself. I caught a nice rainbow trout on the Provo. Right now the fish are in their spawning colors and they are sweet looking. It was about 33 degrees Fahrenheit and the wind was blowing so we were freezing our behinds off. At Deer Creek Reservoir we were out of the wind and Lucas had a few huge fish on but they got away. It was a little cold for my taste fishing in late November but it is worth it when you have a fish on the line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment