Sunday, June 21, 2009

I AM OLD!!!!!

Well, It's my birthday once again. I am old, I know. Not many people can say they have reached the ripe age of 23. I am catching up to you dad! By the way...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

This week was a very nice week. There were many good things that happened. I will include pictures of the great highlights of the week.

Starting with my birthday...



I decided I wanted to go fishing for my birthday so I took half of a day off of work and headed up the canyon to do some fly fishing. I tried fishing for a couple of minutes but decided the water was too high and the wind too strong to be any good. So I had a few hours to kill so I took off exploring the mountains. I went up past Midway to a road that I later found out led to Brighton and Park City ski resorts. I saw the most beautiful country up there that I have ever seen in my life. You will find pictures below of some of that beauty. There were some cabins up there that got me thinking that I should own a ranch in the mountains like these!! After I explored I came back and went to Tucanos. It was some good food! We had barbecued pineapple, filet mignon wrapped in bacon, teriyaki beef, garlic beef, and tons of other goodies. After that Sarah took me to watch an inspiring movie called seven pounds by Will Smith. She planned it out so that we could watch it at her classroom where she will be teaching this fall. She built a fort where we would watch it and it was way fun.



Friday night we all took off up to the mountains passed Wallsburg where we went hunting last Fall. It was quite the adventure because the road was washed out by the creek we had taken 2 cars and Brandon's Jeep. There was no way we were going to make it up there in the cars so we parked them and hiked in a ways. Because the road was washed out it prevented many people from getting up there so there were more animals out than usual due to less campsites. We saw deer, beaver, and heard elk in the higher mountains. There were also some beaver dams that on part of the mountain were like Hot Springs with warm running water in them. Friday night we played, cooked food, and talked by the campfire till 1 AM or so. Then morning came early at 7 AM when I got up and prepared for fishing with Devin. It started raining off and on so we packed up our camp before the harder rain came in. Devin and I took off down the mountain fishing and catching lots of Brook Trout. THey are a beautiful fish. I just realized that I didn't take a picture of the fish. Not sure why...



Enjoy the video of camping!

Work is going pretty well. My department is really performing well with what they have been given. We are stuck in a rut as a company looking for ways to make money and get things moving. Even though the opportunity is greater than ever before, we are stuck trying to balance our efforts between taking advantage of the opportunity and fixing the problems of the past. I proposed my coaching program to the owners of the company and they have been unable to look at it yet. One of the owners of the company said he would try to look at it this weekend. Right now the idea isn't looking very promising because of the reaction I got from the owners. At least they know that I am creating new innovative ways to make profit for the company and proving myself valuable to them.

Love you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment