Sunday, June 14, 2009

Enjoying the Cabin once again

My week consisted of a few exciting things...

1. I spent the night at the cabin on Friday night with Brandon and Devin. We decided that we were going to go up to the cabin and barbecue and at a ton. And we did just that. We went to the carnicerĂ­a vallarta (the local meat shop) and bought some more Aregentine beef and a pineapple. Then we set sail for the cabin. When we got there it had rained earlier in the day so it took a while to get the fire started. After we got the fire blazing we threw on the meat. I was able to relax and just sit and stare into the fire. It was so great to have a relaxing weekend. After an hour and a half we got the meat cooked and ate it all. There was nothing else on the table but meat so it was a true mans dinner. Then for desert we decided to slow roast a pineapple which turned out amazing. After another few hours of relaxing and talking the storms started to hit again in the mountains and the thunder came. I had the privilege to fall asleep to the rain on the tin roof and the thunder as the back up. Then in the morning we woke up and cooked some pancakes and went outside to work on the yard. I cleared out the planter boxes in the front of the cabin. We also leveled off the fire pit and made it so more people could sit around the fire and made a little spot for our grill to go for when we cook Argentine style. After clearing the weeds, spraying round up, leveling the fire pit, and working on the drainage for the porch we decided we needed to head back to Provo. All in all it was a productive yet relaxing trip.

2. The owners of the company invited me to the "boot camp" seminars that they do educating investors on foreclosure real estate. It was an all day thing so Friday my work consisted of learning more about real estate investing. It was a great opportunity.

3. I spent yesterday (Saturday) evening at a friends house in South Jordan where we had a barbecue and played badminton. After that we went to the Oquirrh Mounting Temple Open House. That temple is gorgeous!! And even better, with all the lightning storms going on right now the Statue Moroni was struck by lightning! HAHA I didn't get any pictures of it though...The trumpet, hand, and face were all black!! So cool. The temple was the best part though. When we were in the sealing room there were two families in there that made an impression on me. One was a dad with his little boy who was dressed up in a sharp suit. He was 5 or 6 and just asking questions about the rooma nd the lights and the mirrors. I can't wait until I have a little boy like that!!!! The other was a young married couple with their first kid. At the end they stood up and together looked into the mirrors. What a great vision of what I want to accomplish someday...All in all it was a very inspiring experience.

4. I finally submitted the official proposal and implementation date for the program I am piloting at work. It is a program that will coach the occupants of the homes that we are buying to better their finances, budget, and achieve their financial goals. It is projected to provide the company with a substantial profit ($500,000 or more) in the next year or so depending on production and sales. It will also increase the saleability of our investment product and the value of it to investors. I look forward to the feedback from the owners of the company on the proposal hopefully this week sometime.

Pictures to come soon!! I wasn't able to take pictures of the cabin because I forgot my camera... So sorry. But we will be up there sometime within the next few weeks for sure and will take some pictures. Thanks to Devin and Brandon it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment