Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy Week

So along with working 50 hours some great things happened this week.

1. I went to the cabin with a ton of people (like 40!) from the ward and caught a fish, played on the rope swing, ate some s'mores and enjoyed the mountains.

2. I saw EMS!!!! I got to see Emilie, Ben, Charlie, and Miles. When Charlie saw me he says, "There's Chris!!! (and for some reason folds his arms when he says it)" He then proceeded to give me a huge hug. That was the highlight of the week seeing ems and ben and the boys. They stopped by after church and we played and visited for a few minutes. Then I just got back from Ben's sister's house where we got to talk and see the boys again. Charlie even let me help Mommy sing him to sleep!!! It was so fun. I got to see miles upset for the first time ever too. He was really hungry...

3. Things are changing around in the company and I will most likely be doing more with the Sales Department.

4. I started my economics class in Salt Lake this week. It was a good first class on Wednesday. I learned a lot and love where it is heading. Because I have experience with work I value the education much more and I am able to see its application at work more clearly. The main thing I learned is that economics is basically decision making and evaluation. If I understand economics I will be better able to make decisions. I love that idea because I have a difficult time making decisions if you didn't notice.

5. I went country dancing for the first time ever. It was very interesting. It is similar to swing dancing with a country twang which I like. The only problem is I am very rusty at dancing and I just am not very good.

6. I got to listen to Elder Bednar speak tonight! He talked about overcoming the world and even mentioned how the internet and gaming has taken over the youth and how we need to avoid it. Luckily I don't have time for games. In fact, because Brandon is gone we don't even have a TV that works. So that has been a blessing especially because I will have so much reading to do for my classes.

7. I made Chocolate Rice Krispies for Break the Fast. They turned out a little worse than I expected. I think it was the cheap rice krispies that I bought. I added Nesquick to the marshmallow mix. Haha genius I know.

8. I saw the new wolverine movie. I would recommend it if you like seeing people get stabbed all the time (many times it was the same person getting stabbed over and over).

9. I cleaned my room, car, and apartment. I also put up all the pictures that Brandon left of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young...etc It makes the apartment feel much more like home.

As you all can see the week was very good and eventful. I met a lot of new people and I love the ward. I look forward to the opportunities that await me this week. I look forward to spending my lunch tomorrow with Emy and Ben!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had quite the busy week! You're lucky you get to be with Ems and Ben and the lil' ones! But then again, they are lucky to be with you! Sounds like things are going good! I love the updates! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete