Sunday, September 6, 2020

Florida Trip - Part 3 - Kissimmee

For our last week in Florida, we were in a vacation rental in Kissimmee.  It was the PERFECT way to end our 3 week vacation.  Why a 3 week vacation you say?  Well, it's been on Chris's vision board to have an extended tropical vacation - and that is exactly what happened!  Dreams really do come true, and you don't even have to go to Disney World to make that a truth.  Ha.  We didn't go to Disney World even though we were within minutes.  Mostly because it was really, really HOT plus a million percent of humidity and we were content to swim in our pool and not wear a mask in this heat and humidity if we didn't have to.





Happy Sabbath from the Orlando temple!


So many lizards everywhere!


Enjoying omelets by the pool after Chris got home from a run and had a swim.


The garage of the vacation rental had a game room with some fun kid rides.


Pool shenanigans!




Grace loved eating watermelon out by the pool!






Tate couldn't just eat one piece at a time.


Grace loved the water!


Sanibel Island was probably our favorite place.  The water was warm, the shells were plentiful, and the scenery was picturesque.














POOL PARTY
Every time we were in the pool we used their speaker system and enjoyed the total party that it provided. We just hooked up all our fav songs and it made it even more magical!


The only picture I have from Cocoa Beach is the one above.  It was a rough day for me.  We were supposed to watch a rocket launch from NASA on the beach and we were 20 minutes too late.  I watched it launch going 60 mph on the freeway trying to get my family to the beach.  I cried.  I just felt the loss of the moment we all would have shared together.  It was a huge bummer for me.  Then while showering the kids off after Cocoa beach, I stepped away from the picnic table to deal with a demanding toddler and Grace fell off of the picnic table getting her freshly showered self covered in dirt and sand and getting some scrapes.  I just felt terrible.  Bummer day.  But it was made better by enjoying the pool and soaking more time in together.  



SEA WORLD



I was grateful in some ways for my mask and sunglasses at Sea World because nobody could see me crying tears of awe and gratitude....which were abundant during the shows.  I just felt so overwhelmingly grateful to experience it all and create this memory with my family.  These creatures were amazingly smart and beautiful and we were blessed to experience them in a beautiful and unique way.






We just soaked in the sunset and enjoyed our last night in Florida.  This trip was a huge blessing and dream come true.  I'm so grateful for this family time we had together!  So many memories and fun experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment