Monday, September 7, 2020

August 2020

August starts as it always does, with my birthday.  Well, technically it's my brother's birthday that starts August out on August 1st, but mine comes the 2nd.  We were tired and worn out after getting home from Florida the day before, but Chris somehow managed to give me a fabulous day and my parents joined us for dinner.  My mom was able to buy us groceries and so we could eat fresh food and have a few meals since we returned so late from Florida and my birthday was on a Sunday.




Happy Sabbath


Chris made me crepes for breakfast (my favorite) and they were AMAZING!  Tate loved the whipped cream that joined them.




Pig Pickin' Cake!


This picture of my Mom...this was what it was like visiting her one day...and it just makes me smile.  She's drinking her green smoothie from the blender jar and eating her eggs and cabbage.  I just needed to capture this moment.


Bubble machine under the trampoline!


This is what going to the dentist with 4 kids looks like in a pandemic.  


We hiked up to Trumbolt again up Santaquin canyon.



The kids were watching Chris do some fishing.


So I was sanding baseboards in our front room - and Tate wanted a ride.  My first thought was to get the kid off my back, but my next thought was, "I am going to enjoy him at this age and stage.  He won't always want to be so close to me - I'll take it."  So he was on my back for a good while while I sanded and I enjoyed his love.


Getting ready for family pictures!


I don't know what I would do without these kids helping me!  They feed Grace for me all of the time and I sure appreciate the help!


Libby and I painted nails together.


Canal hike - we love this one and do it often.





Working on the front room


Salamander Lake!!! 










Ty started reading Little House on the Prairie


I organized under my bathroom sink and was so proud I snapped a pic.



Brother Southwick is our neighbor and pseudo grandpa.  He's moving next month and we are going to miss this wonderful neighbor!


I've been taking Ty fishing to Salem Ponds and it's been so fun to watch him make it a good experience for Tate too.


Elephant Toothpaste - we did a little experiment because of Ty's interest in it.


Making apple juice with these kids is amazing.  They are SUCH GOOD HELPERS!


There are fires in California and fires all over Utah and this pic does not do the sun the justice it deserves.  The sun is so bright pink/orange every night at setting time



Starting the shiplap!


Building our foundations on the ROCK.





Ty and Libby started school this year at a homeschool co-op called Yates Place.  They go 3 days a week and it's just under 2 miles from our home.  They do core subjects for 2 days and 1 day of electives.  THEY LOVE IT.  LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
It's such a relief and blessing to have them enjoy it and they are so motivated in the mornings to get ready and go.  This is a huge blessing to watch them love learning and make friends.






I love making sushi.  Correction:  I love eating sushi.  So we make it often.


FRONT ROOM
BEFORE


AFTER



We started renovating the front room in April and finished at the end of August.  It feels SO GOOD to be done!


We loved daddy teaching us about the plan of salvation!




LIBBY LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!


She didn't want it pulled and let it sit loose for weeks, and then we just helped her get it out...wink wink.  She first ran away when we told her it was time.  Then she cried and cried.  Once it was out she told us it was the BEST DAY OF HER LIFE over and over and over!  Ha.  What a day!

 

2 comments:

  1. I remember you made me that cake one year for my birthday and it was SO good! I loved it! So my parents just moved a few days ago to Salem/Elk Ridge. Can we please come visit you guys sometime when we're up there? My daughter has looked at your blog over my shoulder a few times and always refers to you guys as 'the kids that aren't afraid of anything'! They are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes! We are actually moving to Salem in 2 weeks!!! Come say hello!!!

    ReplyDelete