Saturday, June 6, 2020

MAY 2020



Hanging out Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen's.  We were outside expecting to see a flyover because of the pandemic.  However, we waited, and waited and didn't see it.  However, Chris was home and he went outside and they flew right over our house.




Ty loved this "shadow" of the shovel the rain left....lol.




We planted our garden!  Beans, peppers, tomatoes, basil, raspberries, swiss chard and cucumbers.




Happy Sabbath



We spent our Sunday afternoon in the canyon!






BUGS ALL DAY LONG


This is a picture because it's a memory.  And not a great one.  I was having some one on one time with Libby and Tate was supposed to go to sleep.  However-Libby took some of my essential oils and hid them in her room sometime that week.  Tate found them and tried to drink them.  It was the oil, Breathe and it was INTENSE - he was miserable - .  He's ok.  But goodness, I hope he never does that again....



Grandma and Grandpa Watkins sent the kids a paper airplane kits.  The kids made airplanes for days and days.  They were in heaven!  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Watkins!



TURKEY HUNTING




Mother's Day Crepe Breakfast!


Happy Sabbath!




Mother's Day



Turkey hunting in the lush, green canyon!




WE WENT ON A DATE!
Because of COVID and restaurant closures- we haven't gotten a babysitter and gone on a date in a while - add a newborn and we haven't been out just the two of us since she was born.  My mom watched the kids while Chris and I enjoyed Olive Garden and then a Costco shopping trip.


The primary presidency went around and wrote on all the kids' driveways since they can't connect with the kids each week.  I love that!


Chris did get a turkey!  And he friend them up into little turkey nuggets and they were amazing!


I took one picture and I should have taken more.  We spent an evening up in Payson canyon with the Coxes.  It was so nice to get out and see people!!!


She's been sucking on her toes and it's adorable.


We had an end of school party and watched the movie Holes since we read that book.  Libby wanted to dress up for the party...she's so girly and so cute.



At home church....carrying our burderns....





We did Sunday School up in the canyon with the Youngs!


Baby girl is getting used to solids.


School ended and the summer chore charts began!


Outside with friends.  Note:  children are outside wearing masks...this is the weird reality of living through a pandemic.  The 3 friends on the trampoline are wearing masks because their dad is a pharmacist and their mom is worried if they get sick they could spread it...so they wear masks to play.  


Summer bucket list #1
MAKE SLIME



I made some masks for Project Protect.  I had wanted to but school was in and I was overwhelmed.  I felt the spirit and knew I needed to do it.  So as soon as school was out, I volunteered and did it.  It was good for me to learn more about my sewing machine and do some service! 




Grandma Crackers!  While I was sewing masks, my mom made graham crackers with the kids.  They each got to make their own batch of Gramma Crackers (homemade graham crackers.) 




Shhhhhh....



Canal Hike
Chris injured his knee so we went for a flat "hike". 


Kiddie Pool
Bucket List Item ✅


The Primary Presidency did an ice cream social - social distancing style and brought all of the kids ice cream.  They had a bubble machine and music.  


Watermelon = Summer




Ty my lawn mower:)


Yard day!




Sunday School with Watkins Cousins.  Ty gave a talk on journal writing.  It was awesome!




I made some headbands using old nylons I had hanging around and my newly refreshed sewing skills.







Trying to get these two to get along.....lol.



Our van needed a good wash!


FLOORS
We decided to refinish our floors...continuing down the "while we're at it" path.  However, they just started coming up and these beautiful floors had to be ripped out.:(




The process began on ripping the floors out...


Now there is just old nasty glue....



This little baby is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment