March, oh March. What a month. And March, I'm so glad you're over! Mostly because I experienced a bit of emotional whiplash. After sending the kids to school, they were sent home in the middle of March because of the COVD 19 Pandemic. Uh....what? I JUST SENT THEM TO SCHOOL. But after 2 weeks of figuring what did NOT work, March was over and things got better in April. Here is our March!
Kamille Caldwell came for a visit. She was the kids favorite babysitter and she had promised to bring them some caramel corn and she did not disappoint!
Weekly lunch date!
This girl was showing off what she learned in her dance class! I just love it when she dances!
Silly Sabbath
Happy Sabbath
Grace finally got to be held by Uncle Travis at Sorensen family dinner. He had missed the one prior and didn't get to hold her because he'd been sick at other occasions.
Stone Soup
We made stone soup. Libby's kindergarten class talked about it and I had a fun book about rocks that had a stone soup recipe, so we made it. The kids were so excited.
We made stone soup. Libby's kindergarten class talked about it and I had a fun book about rocks that had a stone soup recipe, so we made it. The kids were so excited.
Libby reading us her book she made about stone soup.
Happy Sabbath
Another lunch date.
No words.
The week the schools were closed we headed up Santaquin canyon for a little hike. The kids did amazing and it was wonderful to get outside!
THIS.
I LOVE holding this sweet baby. I savor it. I breathe in these moments of pure baby perfection. They are only little for such a short time.
On St. Patrick's day a leprechaun turned our breakfast millet pudding GREEN. And after quiet time, he left lucky charms...and that's all he did this year.
School at home!
This picture...it's a memory, not to be forgotten. Chris and I woke up to our house shaking....lots. There was a 5.7 earthquake in Magna but we all felt it. As if life wasn't weird enough with everyone going home from school and work because of the pandemic, now we have an earthquake. It was a bit scary, not knowing if there would be more. But we were all fine and we learned what to do if there is an earthquake.
Another make-your-own pizza night!
School at home, she's a rockstar.
I went to Costco.....and there was a line. Things are weird. But hey, at least at Costco I could get eggs. There wasn't a lot though.....
My kids love to eat seaweed and I love to read to them. We're reading the book, Holes and having a blast.
The week we pruned the trees was also the week in Come Follow Me that talked about the vineyard and the gardener.....it was so fitting and I had so many great gospel analogies running through my head as I pruned and digged about. Too bad they ran through and didn't stay or I'd share a few.
Pruned.
Home church. School is cancelled, church is cancelled, and temples are closed. WEIRD. But home church. NOT weird, maybe weirdly wonderful, but I LOVE IT. Especially mornings like this when I come down the stairs and Chris is playing a hymn and my kids are pleasant.
Another thing I love about home church? Mountain church. After sacrament meeting we like to do sunday school in the mountains if possible.
And light the fire of testimony....
And smores....
HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY WATKINS FAMILY!
We had a birthday party for our family on March 26th. We had no where to go. All the restaurants are closed to diners, so we had our own little party, cake and all. And it was TASTY. Chris got me flowers and we just enjoyed being us. We totally had a boring dinner until the kids went to bed. Then we pulled out the crab and Chris killed me at Rummikub.
House projects! Operation shiplap and molding......
Tate. He's great. All four of him....
Home church
2nd grade science...
Chris ran up Santaquin canyon (it's still all closed because the road is partially washed out.)
Backyard burnin'
Home church
This dress - Chris bought it for me for Christmas and I love it.
Home Church with G-ma and G-pa Sorensen
We love home church!































































No comments:
Post a Comment