Tuesday, February 18, 2020

May 2019

May was a beautiful, green, and great month!  The kids loved playing outside and I loved them playing outside!  I worked on planting all sorts of plants into our back retaining wall - which was a lot of work but with the great weather, it was a blast to be outside!  And the kids were either playing beside me or helping.  It was awesome!  They love to take their blankets on the trampoline and throw them up and catch them or stay warm inside them!





















Ty continues to impress us with his K'nex building and creating abilities.



Ty wanted to teach Libby how to ride a bike and so he got her read!  TWO helmets, knee pads, gloves and boots!  



Chris built me a bridge to go over my little dry creek bed...and I LOVE IT!  IT looks amazing!!!  He also in the same weekend (Happy Mother's Day to ME!) built garden boxes for our little garden....ALL while watching 3 kids because I had my retreat that I was speaking at.  He's simply amazing and continues to surprise and spoil me.  


We were able to plant our garden!!!  We planted tomatoes, peppers, green beans, strawberries, cucumbers, zucchini, crookneck squash, and crenshaw melons.  It was fabulous!











Ice cream at Stokes....cause when I'm pregnant, ice cream ALWAYS sounds good!





My mom brought my lilacs on Mother's Day when she came over for dinner.  Lilacs remind me of my Grandma Hardy and they smell INCREDIBLE.  Tate kept crawling up on the table to smell them!





I love having a backyard!  The grass was so nice and the kids played and played!



BABY BUMP


Happy Sabbath!


Libby drew this picture for Aunt Andra (Chris's Aunt in St. George that we stayed with) because she wanted to go back and stay with her and play with her and her dogs!



Libby and I got to go watch Kinsley in her play SHREK at the Hopebox Theater up in Layton (Kaysville?)  It was a fun girls night!  We loved watching Kinsley play Fiona and Libby loved all the singing, dancing, and costumes.





Tate had an inguinal hernia.  We found out about it at his 2 year well-child check.  We found a pediatric surgeon and it all just fell together with tender mercies from Heavenly Father.  To find a surgeon in Utah Valley that our health co-op would pay for/approve was pretty frustrating, but just by God's good grace-I found out Timp Hospital was just starting to ramp up all of their pediatric care and called the surgeon on his FIRST DAY there.  He was in the mid-west and was recruited to start the pediatric unit at Timp Hospital.  It all happened in impeccable timing.  We scheduled Tate's surgery and had an early morning!  The surgery was fine - but it definitely was hard to watch him wake up out of anesthesia and have him be so confused.  Sweet boy did great and by the time we got home was almost acting 100% himself...which was crazy for me!!!  I didn't know how to keep him from jumping off of couches and sitting on the couch watching movies like I was supposed to!








Hanging out at home trying to keep him "down"!




Playing in the mud!




 

I was blessed with the opportunity to speak at the TURN retreat up in Mantua, UT.  My best friend, Nicole was able to come and it was such a blessing to have her there.  I don't think I realized exactly how nerve-wracking that whole ordeal would be - it was so nice to have her love and support.




Happy Sabbath


I love our "backyard"  We can just go hike up through the orchards and have such beautiful scenery!




Libby got a little shiner...she fell onto a corner of one of our garden boxes.



Ty and Chris went turkey hunting with the Troyers.  I think Ty hiked 7 miles in pursuit of turkeys and loved every minute of it!
 



More Happy Sabbath Pictures!!! ( Apparently we had a lot of Sundays in May??)


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment